SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel & Brembo Color on Magic Blue?

Hello all

I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on a wheel color/Brembo color combo for my Magic Blue R? I already blacked out most of the caR, check out pics below. But I am having a really rough time on this.

A few of you may know I just got 19" Fast Wheels Fc04s, they came in a light titanium color.

So my ideas were...

• Silver FC's with black calipers, silver moose emblem on the fender. (I like this but want calipers to stand out plus wheels will be tough to keep clean)

• Powdercoat FC's satin black, paint calipers yellow and add yellow moose emblem on the fender. (This is my fav contrast. Wheels will b easy to clean but may take away from sharp wheel design)

•Silver FC's with yellow or red calipers n silver moose on fender?

Check out the pics below for inspirations, credit due to the owners of the caRs. Post up your favorite color combo that I mentioned above or something else!

Thanks!

New wheels (window decals are coming off)

Here are some pics where I got some ideas from. Wheels on here are HRE p101's, they look similar to my FCs since noone has painted FC's yet

·
Registered
290 Posts
i have been looking at those same exact fc04 wheels! You can copy my calipers if I can copy those wheels lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
please do brembo or R stickers instead of the moose stickers!! Your car looks so clean, i think it would ruin that a little bit if you put moose stickers.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I vote "brembo" as well, and yellow would look great with Magic Blue. Powdercoating Satin black or Anthracite those would look really nice. Good choices, fun stuff!

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Some more inspiration:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I vote for yellow calipers. Agreed, no moose stickers. Go with R or Brembo or something custom. Mine say "brembo | R".

I would also vote for keeping the wheels silver. It looks super classy with a dark blue exterior.

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
please do brembo or R stickers instead of the moose stickers!! Your car looks so clean, i think it would ruin that a little bit if you put moose stickers.
I mean moose stickers on the fender. The calipers will get the R or Brembo logo

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Some more inspiration:

This car looks sikkkk! Magic blue is such a cool color. I think this combo is perfect and not a fan of yellow calipers or black wheels on this color R.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a pic of FC's with yellow calipers. I know he's on here but idk his ss username. At this point I would not want to do yellow brembos on silver wheels cuz I have the same r8ed R liscence plate as him, wheels calipers and plate is too much to copy lol

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
My vote goes to silver wheels with red calipers. Calipers should have been red from the factory!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I vote for yellow calipers. Agreed, no moose stickers. Go with R or Brembo or something custom. Mine say "brembo | R".

I would also vote for keeping the wheels silver. It looks super classy with a dark blue exterior.
+1 ����

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
I'm biased towards black and red myself. I see no need to put stickers on the calipers since anyone who knows anything about brakes will recognize what they are . . .

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
You have a gorgeous car! I think matching the body with magic blue would look good.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I mean moose stickers on the fender. The calipers will get the R or Brembo logo
Good clarification lol.

^^ think the stickers make them look more factory and not just looking like you went to auztozone and threw some red paint on the outer half of them lol.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
But everyone knows we did this to our caRs... I mean really, who would put Brembo 4-piston calipers on a Volvo station wagon!!! :rolleyes:

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm biased towards black and red myself. I see no need to put stickers on the calipers since anyone who knows anything about brakes will recognize what they are . . .
What paint kit did you use on em? Or are they powdercoated

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I saw a new V6 Mustang the other day with those caliper covers matched to his car. And the car had the old school Boss 302 C stripes on it, but instead of 302, it had the displacement of the V6. I was like.......wtf....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wow OP that last car on you opening entry looks sinister af! Holy cow! Whoever owns that car, I lift my hat and stare in awe! That looks badass!

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Don't do red. It's the most played out color for brakes. It's the default color for calipers. It's like picking out the first shirt you see when you walk into the store. It's like doing measuring once and cutting once. It's like putting pepper on your chicken before tasting it first. It's like listening to one song by Modest Mouse and deciding you hate alternative music. It's like using a pre-made template for your business card off VistaPrint's website. It's like just grabbing a pair of shoes instead of seeing whether brown or blue or maybe argyle spats would match your outfit for the day. It's like marrying your first girlfriend 6 weeks after you met her.

Live a little. Go yellow.

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^What an absolutely thrilling argument dude

1 - 20 of 36 Posts