SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody in the Northern California Bay Area, preferably around San Mateo know of a shop to center bore a set of wheels from 63.5 to our 65.1?

As a rough estimate, How much $$$ am I looking at, per wheel?

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
If you get no answer, ask some of the custom wheel shops around who they use. The local custom wheel shop here used to do it in house. They even redrilled the bolt pattern for me on a set once. Also a regular machine shop can do it, I'd guess somewhere between $50 and $100 for all 4. But they have to be slow on work, they usually want production orders rather than one at a time parts like this.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I sent a message to a custom wheel shop and another to a rim repair shop. Google searches are shooting back anywhere from $20 a wheel to $100 and this sort of service is not common.

I ordered a wheel to test fit and even though they only make a 72.6, a 63.5 arrived. I was getting set to return it when the replacement wheel arrived. It too was 63.5. So instead of running adapters, I'm thinking that re-drilling the hub bore would be a better way to go than running adapters. I have to figure this out anyway since the fronts I'm looking at only come in a 63.5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts