SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had dealer diagnose rear noise and it came back as right rear bearing. If one is bad I might just do both. Anyone used any brand besides Volvo? This car has only 125k miles. I have a 96 MB C220 with 330k miles and never had to mess with the bearings. So I'm wondering how these Volvo parts last.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I replaced my left front with a *** unit at 162k miles. My rear seal disintegrated, which may have contributed to the failure.

·
Registered
17,439 Posts
Just put SKF on with maronha on the 02. 115K miles.
Had dealer diagnose rear noise and it came back as right rear bearing. If one is bad I might just do both. Anyone used any brand besides Volvo? This car has only 125k miles. I have a 96 MB C220 with 330k miles and never had to mess with the bearings. So I'm wondering how these Volvo parts last.
Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the SKF rear bearing yesterday from FCP. Replaced them and now smooth as silk. I prepped the rear wheels the day before and was sitting in my driveway on jacks overnight. Took the time to really clean the spindle bore and mating surface. I used my dremmel with a wire brush and took out the crud in the bore. Applied antiseize. Put the new rotors and pads too.

Will probably do the fronts too. Contemplating getting parts from 1A Auto since they also have lifetime wty with less return hassle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts