SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my passenger side wheel bearing is bad...and is covered by my warranty but has anybody ever had an issue going in with wheels other then OEM and had dealer reject a claim should they...<p>the same with having an intake should that be grounds to reject a warranty claim if i took it in for them to have a look at some rough shifting ive been having at low rpm's .. just looking for any past experience ..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Read up on the Magnusson-Moss Act. They have the prove that your part caused the problem. If you put an exhaust on, and your wheel bearing went bad, it would be ok. If you put on headers, and your stock exhaust blew, they probably wouldn't cover it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Tiny)

Yeah well just learned today my tranny took a crap at 58,900 miles getting a "new" one under warranty thanks Easycare...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Wheel bearing warranty (deerok)

Yep.<br>IPD had 19" wheels on their hot 04 wagon, it needed a wheel bearing (out of town). A scumbag dealer charged them $700 for one back in 04 sometime.<br>Car has about 30K on it and IN warranty

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Wheel bearing warranty (JRL)

yea it seems to me Howard Orloff in chicago is Mod Friendly ... the Service Writer even said to me thats a pretty cool car you got there..so lets see .. at least my tranny is covered...if they want to reject the bearing so be it...i'll let my indy do it for less then 3 bills ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts