SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will these fit? They look almost identical to the Torque Thrust D's but 17".<br>They are Americing Racing T70R wheels, part number VNT70R7765. They are a 17x7, 0 offset, 4"backspace. I'm ready to take it to a tire shop but wanted to pose the question to you gents. Also what is the widest that you would recommend on this wheel if you say it would fit? I plan on rolling the fender lips. Any tire recommendations?<p>I am now done with the suspension. Thanks again for the great parts and great advice everyone. It's a totally different car. Only thing not done yet is the sway bar because it is back ordered but that's no biggie. <p>New progressive rate springs (rear are new but not progressive rate), new Bilstein shocks (special re-valved rears), new poly everything, new ball joints, new bushings, IPD front swaybar...etc... odds and ends... everything.<p>The car does sit down in the weeds!!! It is 12" from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender. The current wheel tire combo is stock 15x5.5 wheels and 185 65R 15 tires. The total height of the wheel and tire is 24.5". Is this the stock wheel/tire height?<p>After I iron out tires and wheels, I will go for paint.<br>Lexus color 74 Glacier Frost Mica. Unbelievable... <p> <br>Thanks,<br>Jason<br>

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Wheel backspace, offset etc... Will these wheels fit my 1967 P1800? (Phattires68)

Guys, tell me if this is right within a 0.25". My stock wheel has a 3.5" backspace. The "Potential" new wheel has a 4" backspace. <br>-So-<br>I would be adding 0.5" inside towards the motor and 1.0" to the outside toward the fender. Seems plenty do-able. I've had Discount tire order one wheel for test fitment. <p>I did some rough measurements from the fender wheel opening on the front to the outside of the tire and there a 2.75" gap between tire and front fender lip which have not been rolled. The gap is about 2.25" in the rear If I'm only going outboard an additional 1.0" then I shouldn't have to roll the fender lips. <p>Have I over simplified it? <p>Now for the tire question:<br>The stock wheel/tire height about 25" right?<br>I'm thinking 215/50-17 (Diameter 25.5" or 1" taller than what is on it and 0.5" taller than stock)<br>Wall height 4.25" which is only 0.5 shorter than what I currently have currently.<p>Also thinking about 225/50-17 which would be 25.9" tall. This would raise the car up a tad and certainly fill up wheel well. Might rub though. Might be too much wall height and affect performance. Thoughts? <p>I really like the 225/50-17 but don't know if it is too much. This is the best combo this arm-chair quarterback has come up with. Time for you wizards to tell me how crazy I am and then set me straight !<p>Goal is all around looks and performance but still want as tall and as wide a tire as I can get because it will be driven on the streets and a nasty pot hole will kill a wheel with really low profile tires.<p>I need to make a wheel tire decision within the next week. Help me out fellas.<p>Thanks,<br>Jason<p>Cali, if you are reading, what is the tire and wheel measurements on yours? You have Torque Thrust II's right? 16's right? You really nailed the look. <p>

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Wheel backspace, offset etc... Will these wheels fit my 1967 P1800? (Phattires68)

Best bet may be to visit that friendly Discount Tire at a slow time and test-fit the new wheel with a new tire of varying sizes on all four corners of the car.<p>My experiences tell me that the rears will rub on angle approaches to steep driveways and the fronts will rub at full steering lock.<p>This damages nothing as all is at low speed.<p>Once you get the final wheel/package installed find a calm highway with mile markers and use your watch's second hand to calibrate your speedo and odo so as to avoid speeding tickets and to calculate true mpg.<p>George Dill

·
Registered
204 Posts

I just took off 17x7's from my 1800ES. Not sure of the offset/spacing, but they were pretty flush on the outside and were deep on the inside.<p>They did rub a bit on the sway bars on tight turns. Otherwise made no difference, except that parking at slow speeds takes a bit more elbow grease and strain on the steering box.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Wheel backspace, offset etc... Will these wheels fit my 1967 P1800? (RonG)

Read 'em and weep. <p><A HREF="http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]" TARGET="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]</A>/<p>I'm no good with Flicker so the first 4 or 5 are the only new ones. I had Discount Tire bring in one wheel to test. I liked it so much I bought it and a tire and ordered the others. <p>The front fit perfect the back will certainly need the lips rolled. The could stand to go in another 1/4" but can't afford custom offsets. When I ugrade the Rear end in a year or two I might narrow it a touch.<p>

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts

Good lookin' wheel, sir.<p>BTW, if you refinish the original wheels and hub caps they would go for huge bucks on eBay.<p><A HREF="http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/show" TARGET="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/show</A>/<p>George Dill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts