SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2015 s60 AWD.

I'm looking to buy another set of rims for summer tires. The car came with Sadia, 17x8" rims which I'm using for winter tires. What other rims are compatible? I found a set of Portia 19x8" rims and I'm wondering if they are compatible. I do not have a sport suspension.

Thank you

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2015 s60 AWD.

I'm looking to buy another set of rims for summer tires. The car came with Sadia, 17x8" rims which I'm using for winter tires. What other rims are compatible? I found a set of Portia 19x8" rims and I'm wondering if they are compatible. I do not have a sport suspension.

Thank you
Try this link.

edit: the portias, assuming official, are fully compatible and show up on your car's wheel catalog. If they already have tires on them, use my link above to check fitment.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Those wheels will fit, no problem. Just make sure you get the correct tire size. OE is 235/40/19 but most people here (myself included) run 245/40/19 - more selection and usually less expensive since it's more common than the 235 width.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thought I remembered something about this, so I went online to check your owners manual. Sure enough I found this:

19" wheels may never be used on vehicles that are not equipped with the R-design or the Sport chassis options.
Using 19" wheels on vehicles equipped the standard chassis presents a safety risk and the risk of damage to the vehicle, and impairs the vehicle's driving characteristics.
Now how much of this is real and how much is legal CYA I do not know. But figured you should at least be aware of it.

Personally, I find even the stock suspension to have a comparatively firm ride, so I wouldn't want to go with the 19" option since the shorter sidewall would make it even firmer. I relegated my 17" Sadias to winter duty and went with 18" wheels, with tires slightly wider than stock fitment (245/40-18 vs 235/40-18) to get just a smidge more sidewall with a very small penalty in speedometer accuracy (about a 1.5 percent error). Don't know if it makes a real difference or not, but didn't seem to be any real downsides especially since the older Volvo wheels I fitted (Mirzams) apparently have a reputation for being somewhat fragile.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thought I remembered something about this, so I went online to check your owners manual. Sure enough I found this:

Now how much of this is real and how much is legal CYA I do not know. But figured you should at least be aware of it.

Personally, I find even the stock suspension to have a comparatively firm ride, so I wouldn't want to go with the 19" option since the shorter sidewall would make it even firmer. I personally relegated my 17" Sadias to winter duty and went with 18" wheels, slightly wider than stock (245/40-18 vs 235/40-18) to get just a smidge more sidewall with a very small penalty in speedometer accuracy (about a 1.5 percent error). Don't know if it makes a real difference or not, but didn't seem to be any real downsides.
We upgraded my wife's V60 to aftermarket Konig 19" wheels. The handling is much improved with them versus her stock 17s; nothing dangerous feeling at all. That said I wish we had gone with 18" because you feel the road imperfections much more on that stock suspension versus my R-Design also with 19" wheels.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
20x8 rims are too big right? I found a set of OEM rims with pzeros for a good price.
Polestars came with 20s from the factory. I don't know if non-RD/Polestar cars could handle 20s. Any chance you could test fit them? What are they for wheels? Tire size?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Polestars came with 20s from the factory. I don't know if non-RD/Polestar cars could handle 20s. Any chance you could test fit them? What are they for wheels? Tire size?
No problem running 20's. I ran Cratus wheels on my previous V60 with touring chassis and H&R springs. As long as they are 20x8 ET55-45 they will fit 245/35s without rubbing

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
No problem running 20's. I ran Cratus wheels on my previous V60 with touring chassis and H&R springs. As long as they are 20x8 ET55-45 they will fit 245/35s without rubbing

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Right! How could I forget this beauty?! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
901 Posts
If you don't mind me piggybacking on this thread...

Would I have any issues putting the Midir 7.5x18" Wheels from a 2013 C30 R-Design on my 2015 V60 T5 FWD?

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
If you don't mind me piggybacking on this thread...

Would I have any issues putting the Midir 7.5x18" Wheels from a 2013 C30 R-Design on my 2015 V60 T5 FWD?
Hub bore and bolt pattern are the same, so I don't see why not!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Stock 8" rim has a 55mm offset. That XC90 is only 42.5mm. That will push the wheel/tire very close, if not into, the fender lips. I did something similar and had to roll the rears (and cut out some of the plastic liner) to get rid of the rub. Be VERY careful with wheel offsets on these cars.

·
Registered
669 Posts
i just got a 2012 s60 and im planning to install 18 inch mirzam wheels on it...just to replace the plain looking 17s it came with...

·
Registered
359 Posts
We have a 2016 V60 Cross Country. I believe the stock tires on it are 235/50Z R18.

I picked up a secondhand pair of 18" wheels, to have an extra set for swapping out as the seasons change. This extra set of wheels came from an S60, and already have 235/40 R18 tires on them (summer tires with a good bit of tread left).

What are the implications of putting the 235/40 on the V60 Cross Country? I always see the Cross Country models with taller tires — is there any concern about using the 235/40 instead of buying some new 235/50Z? Thanks for input.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2015 s60 AWD.

Thank you
I know on the 15.5 the Sadias are 17 x 8 with 63.4 MM center Bore and 55mm offset. So either you use hub centric rings or try to locate a similar wheel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts