SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I'll be coating it right before winter/fall but just getting it ready for snow season.

Assembling

1. Install new painted bumpers F & R
2. New windshield
3. Fix an re solder resistors

Full wash/decon

1. Apc Cleaning
2. Clay bar/poly mitt
3. Sonax WC plus - Wheels + Apc scrub Tires
4. Strip, brillow & polish Exhaust
5. Citrus soap strip

Correcting

1. Compound/polish heavy defects out (FG400/BF SRC Compound)
2. Final polish/fine correction (Menz or Sonax 3000+ rating polish)
3. Polish out tail lights + Sand & Polish Fogs
3. Citrus wash + IPA/Eraser wipe down

Coating

1. Paint - CQuartz UK or Modesta
2. Trim - CQuartz D-lux
3. Glass - Gtechniq C5/C1
4. Exhaust - CQ Dlux
5. Wheels - C5 Wheel Armor

Interior

Vacuum
Quick leatherqiue + Heat gun & sun lamp
Dash an Trim wipe down

Finishing touches

Roof rack
OEM Upper Tq mount (Poly is rough in the winter)
17 pegs W/ Blizzaks

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mine goes to sleep during the winter. Even though it's better in the snow than my Cherokee, it has the winters off. It's an unwritten deal the car and I have. Since this arrangement, I haven't had any mechanical issues...gotta keep the truce going.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
My R spent all of last winter in the driveway buried under 3ft of snow. This winter it's gonna be driven. Front bumper might come off depending on how much snow there is.

·
2,521 Posts
I'm going to throw mine in a storage unit. That is a whole other list of prep stuff..

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Mine goes to sleep during the winter. Even though it's better in the snow than my Cherokee, it has the winters off. It's an unwritten deal the car and I have. Since this arrangement, I haven't had any mechanical issues...gotta keep the truce going.
Same here. I'll put snow shoes on her JUST IN CASE, but I drive my Grand Cherokee Diesel during the worst of it.

However, this year I will take her out to play in the snow at the Limerock Wintercross event. But she'll enjoy that, I wager.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Decide what color to dip my Pegs, throw them on, turn DTSC off, and let 'er buck.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
My R spent all of last winter in the driveway buried under 3ft of snow. This winter it's gonna be driven. Front bumper might come off depending on how much snow there is.
That lower lip makes a great plow, lol

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
However, this year I will take her out to play in the snow at the Limerock Wintercross event. But she'll enjoy that, I wager.
See ya there this year, let me know what dates your shooting for.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I dip my 17s and put blizzacks on.
Turtle wax ice paste wax.
And coat every nook and cranny of the undercarriage with fluid film, best defense against salt. Especially when u live in a county that produces somewhere around 70% of road salt for the northeast

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
Around here, winter is when the temperature drops to 60ºF for a couple of months before popping back up into the 100s again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Going to change plugs, just got them the other day and coolant change. This will be my first winter with her. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Swap wheels from 18" Pegs with DWS to 17" Pegs with snow tires on both R's :thumbup:

Edit: Almost forgot...this winter I'll be dipping both sets of 17's after they get balanced and before they get mounted.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Around here, winter is when the temperature drops to 60ºF for a couple of months before popping back up into the 100s again.
This did not need to be said!

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pentosin or OEM?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts