SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We reluctantly used our car for the beach last week and as you can imagine there is a bunch of sand in the car.

Since there isn't a built-in vacuum in the car, what is your favorite vacuum that stores nicely in the car and does a good job getting sand, crumbs and everything else out of the nooks and crannies?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not stored in the car but I use a cordless Dyson that I hang in the garage. I had gotten a new Dyson cordless and had to re-purpose the old one.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Not a stored or storable one but I vouch for the Miele canister line of vacs - we have the Callisto model. Pricey but well worth it as it's well (German) engineered, quiet, HEPA-enabled, light (to me at least), and now about 8 years old (2011) and still going strong. We've used that for the floors, cars, and garage floors and home construction. (Just don't tell my wife about the last two or she'll get angry!)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Dyson V7 works great.
Does "great" include picking up dog hair? Normal dirt is one thing, but sucking up fine and abundant dog hair is the real test, especially for a cordless vacuum.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I had one of these for a while and it worked ok but within the past year, I started getting certain Ryobi One+ tools that all use the same battery and picked up one of these small wet/dry vacs and couldn't be happier. It certainly won't store in the vehicle but for its size, it'll perform many a task around the home and works very well for vacuuming out the vehicles when necessary.

While at it, let me say I also grabbed this attachment kit. I buy most of these Ryobi tools from directtoolsoutlet.com and the savings you can find on there are superb. They also commonly have physical locations in various outlet store strip malls. While plugging these Ryobi tools, this cordless tire inflator is also a winner in my book. Fills tires quite fast, MUCH better than the small 12vdc tire inflator I used to use for many many years.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's the vacuum that I ended up going with. It has TONS of great reviews and they have passed the FakeSpot test. From what I can tell it will fit in the spare tire compartment, so I can keep it in the XC90, but also have it hidden away.

https://amzn.to/32LEwwy

·
Registered
849 Posts
Just bought a Bissell Multi Auto Lightweight Lithium Ion Cordless Car Hand Vacuum, Red, 19851, from Amazon. I like it a lot. Dog hair is my main concern, and this model does a good job (it has a powered brush attachment that works very well). It takes multiple passes to get all (well, almost all) of the hair, but that is to be expected. The first time I used it, I was a little disappointed that it was leaving some dog hair behind, but then I looked at the removable cartridge and there was already a ton of dog hair in there. So I went from disappointed to impressed pretty quickly.

I also have a cheap Chemical Guys rubber dog hair brush that cost $7 or so. I use it all the time. It is a super-cheap and effective way to brush dog hair out of the back. The brush doesn't really pick up dog hair so much as it lets you push a pile of hair to a spot where you can pick it up with your fingers and toss it. But it's a steal for seven bucks, and it stores out of the way in one of the back cubbies, where it is always handy. Again, you won't get all the fine strands of dog hair out, but you won't be embarrassed by what little that is left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts