SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
It’s definitely been in an accident, and they fixed it with a non R front end. Also swapped the cluster for a non R cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,468 Posts
Franken-CaR!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
and they took the brembos off? :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I didn't even notice the instrument cluster and brakes. Side marker lights are missing and the trunk spoiler is wrong. That car is all kinds of wrong. :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I also agree on the cluster and brakes being wrong. Steering wheel and 4C buttons are correct though. Missing the armrest cover too.

Here's my theory, it was crashed, sold at auction, bought for parts, partially parted out, then fixed and is being resold as-is. Listed as Clear title but I wouldn't trust that at all.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It's not an R. Not anymore anyway.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not an R. Not anymore anyway.
That sort of begs the question of when is a modified car no longer an R? It's still got the engine and drivetrain; the 4C probably got axed with the brakes. So is an R without Brembos and 4C still an R?

·
Registered
344 Posts
That sort of begs the question of when is a modified car no longer an R? It's still got the engine and drivetrain; the 4C probably got axed with the brakes. So is an R without Brembos and 4C still an R?
The age old philosophical question.

I think if you make the car better, you've built a better R. If you make it objectively worse by replacing R parts with t5 or worse parts, downgrade the brakes etc, its not an R any longer but some homunculus, so to speak, of its former self.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Have you ever seen Nordkap that bright blue? I cannot help but think they have been re-dyed. Look at the back of the back seat vs. the front seat. Vasty different shades of blue.

Or blue seats vs Nordkap door panels.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Have you ever seen Nordkap that bright blue? I cannot help but think they have been re-dyed. Look at the back of the back seat vs. the front seat. Vasty different shades of blue.
Or blue seats vs Nordkap door panels.
I had the same thought, but I think it's just bad photography/flash/lighting/retouching by a non-professional.

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It does have the awd rear lower control arms. But yeah, hard to see rear end.
What a POS though, it's so funny that there are people who are alive that do this kind of stuff. WTF is the matter with them hahaha.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Was curious, so pinged him on eBay... his reply:

"Hello,
I had a feeling it might. Not trying to pull anything over on anyone. It is a legit "R" from the factory. I bought the car with intentions of doing a complete "R" swap into my 05 2.4 N/A wagon build. After asking the guys on SweedSpeed, I found out that was a nearly impossible task. So I decided to keep the cluster, brakes, front bumper and headlights for my build.

The car was maintained very well, runs and drives so well, and is rust free. So rather than take it to the auction, I figured I would put it up for a reasonable price and recoup what I could. The car still rips, and is a solid car overall. Even though it is not the car for us, it is still a great car for a kid on a budget, or a daily for someone looking for something cool without breaking the bank. Considering what is out there in the $3k range, it is still a great car despite not having some of the "R" parts it was born with. Did't mean to get anyone worked up. Thanks for writing.

Regards,
Dan"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts