SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What's this noise?

601 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CYB3RBYTE 
#1 ·
To make a long story short, a few days ago, in snowy conditions, a driver in a minivan stopped short in front of me at the end of a highway exit. I started sliding and had about 3 seconds to choose a path; either to tap into her tailgate, go into the blind lane to the right of me and possibly tap someone else, or tap the curb.

I decided, and tapped the curb.

No external cosmetic damage, no bent wheels or rims. However, my alignment is slightly off, with it listing to the right when the wheel is straight, as well as a good clunk over low speed bumps.

Here is me making the noise by pushing down on the car near the strut tower. Strut, mounts, control arms, end links, and the like are all new. Took a look under the car with the wheel up, nothing looked out of the ordinary. Shaking the wheel resulted in no motion in any direction, side to side or up and down.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149072857@N06/shares/G0DvgY

Any ideas folks?

#3 · (Edited)
It may not come across in the video but it most definitely is a clunk. I'll have to take a wheel off to verify, but why would that have failed due to tapping a curb?

They're iPD HD enlinks, to my knowledge those aren't like their other products?

#4 ·
Just for anyone who is having the same noise, I switched the end link around 180 degrees, and the noise has vanished. Guessing something came loose or the end link has a fault at one end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.