SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some familiar questions, perhaps, and I've seen some pertinent posts before, but now it's my turn to be on the hot seat trying to decide ...

I'm looking at a used 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum, about 7k miles for about $42k. Climate, Polestar, seems pretty nice. What else to consider? How are the warranty and VOC/Sirius/3G subscriptions handled when the owner changes? It's not CPO ... should I be concerned that it isn't? Some older posts have suggested that you can ask the dealer to make it CPO, is that always the case?

A new XC70 T6 PT might get a good discount off MSRP (if I can still find one I like) and with the Wonder of Summer I get the warranty and the WOS maintenance package, and a clean history. So what is that WOS promotion worth in cash terms? I haven't had a new car in some time, but I seem to remember that the early years aren't actually that expensive in scheduled maintenance anyway?

Glad to have your advice. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
3,799 Posts
I'd seriously consider getting the exclusionary extended warranty from Volvo if the dealer won't do a CPO. Pretty similar from what I understand. Correct me if I'm wrong guys...

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just purchased a new 2015.5 XC70 T6 with several packages, Xenons and front and rear park sensors for only $1700 more than this and because it's new I'm also getting the 5 years service included. In my opinion that is not a good deal. Keep shopping for used or buy new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts