SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,<p>The wife and I are expecting a baby, and he'll be riding in style in the back of the S60. Anyway, I have seen the piece of plastic thats called the "isofix guide" in some of the S60's I was looking to buy. The one I did buy doesnt have one though and from looking at the owners manual I cant tell exactly what it's for. I think it has something to do with installing a car seat but other than that I'm clueless. <p>Thanks

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Re: Whats the ISOFIX guide for?? (mtaviator)

The plastic guide is to make it easier to find the ISO FIX (latch) anchors in the seats. The latch system makes it easier to install a car seat correctly. Let me know if your dealer can't provide you with the plastic guides, I have extra.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: Whats the ISOFIX guide for?? (mtaviator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mtaviator</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys,<p>The wife and I are expecting a baby, and he'll be riding in style in the back of the S60. Anyway, I have seen the piece of plastic thats called the "isofix guide" in some of the S60's I was looking to buy. The one I did buy doesnt have one though and from looking at the owners manual I cant tell exactly what it's for. I think it has something to do with installing a car seat but other than that I'm clueless. <p>Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE><br>The plastic guide was required by law as older Volvos did not have the ISOFIX symbol clearly visible on the seats. The guide itself is completely useless and actually makes it harder to install the seats, IMO. You can discard it if you want. Later model Volvos have the ISOFIX symbol on the seat leather, and they do not have the guide. Don't worry at all about the guide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts