SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, used to be a 2001 c70 coupe owner and while it wasn't my favorite, I did have some good memories until it needed a new transmission. Several cars later I'm eyeing 2015.5 to 2016 v60 or s60 t6 R-design Polestar it turbo and I'm a bit confused. I've seen European models with lighted Polestar shifter and different wheels vs what's available in the US market. I also notice most do not have backup camera and wondering how costly and difficult to install an oem one if I should decide to get one. Lastly what are small bolt on performance parts and tunes available aside a Rica $2500 ecu tune? I currently have a 2016 GTI with stg1+ tune and it's a nice little car. Hoping to get a bit more luxury and performance.

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
The 2015.5 Polestar is essentially a 2015.5 S/V60 Platinum with upgraded turbo, brakes, suspension, exhaust, body kit bits, blue stitched leather/nubuck textile seats/steering wheel and 20" wheels shod with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. The 2015.5 models in the US had numbering on the steering wheel - the 2016 models do not. As for mods, some folks have changed out the downpipe, added a TDI tuning box, changed the rear anti-roll bar, and upgraded brakes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, all the 2015+ Polestar models I've seen for v60 seems to lack rearview camera and I don't see the numbering on steering wheel at least online. Can the camera be added oem at a reasonable cost? I'm no stranger to dp and ECU tune as that's very common on mk7 GTI. Appreciate the info.
The 2015.5 Polestar is essentially a 2015.5 S/V60 Platinum with upgraded turbo, brakes, suspension, exhaust, body kit bits, blue stitched leather/nubuck textile seats/steering wheel and 20" wheels shod with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. The 2015.5 models in the US had numbering on the steering wheel - the 2016 models do not. As for mods, some folks have changed out the downpipe, added a TDI tuning box, changed the rear anti-roll bar, and upgraded brakes.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Thanks, all the 2015+ Polestar models I've seen for v60 seems to lack rearview camera and I don't see the numbering on steering wheel at least online. Can the camera be added oem at a reasonable cost? I'm no stranger to dp and ECU tune as that's very common on mk7 GTI. Appreciate the info.
All the 2015.5 V60 P*s I've seen, including mine, have rear view cameras.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
The S/V60 Polestar models are the Platinum trim level with backup cameras. If you are looking at a V60 that does not have a rear backup camera it is either, not a true Polestar or it is and had a rear collision and not repaired properly. However, I thought all T6 V60s had rear cameras.

The GTI will feel more nimble and the aftermarket is very robust with the VAG cars. The Polestar transmission programming will offer higher boost and torque levels over the R-Design and Polestar is the halo model for the P3 generation.

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Post a link to the car and we can tell you what it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts