Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
I hate using my GROM
and I'd love to have a bigger screen
I LOVE using my steering wheel controls

Has anyone installed any of the recently posted eBay headunits? I wonder if it works well...whether the GPS works fine (what interface?) and whether the steering controls are usable with it... Anyone?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-XC70-...r_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item416e87e35d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indash-Ster...Video_In_Dash_Units_w_GPS&hash=item3f1e3ee92d
You already know that a lot have had issues with their bluepower units.. I think someone said the second one is very similar to the bluepower units. I don't know if thats been confirmed. Maybe its a better version..

·
Registered
998 Posts
the first link is a Bluepower HU. And I bet the second is thr same thing from a different vendor. I know it's appealing but trust me when I say this the Bluepower units look good and that's about it. They will break eventually and the software is not anywhere near that of a major brand. I just got a pioneer avic z140bh coming from a Bluepower and I wouldn't go back if someone paid me.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Both of those headunits suck. The second is some Chinese crap that someone in the regular s60 forum that decided to take a chance on and it barely functioned and died after a few days. The thread can be found here.

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ugh.. some people praise it some people hate it

..i guess i"ll pass...but damn it's really nice to look at :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Looks like a poor fit at the bottom right edge of the second one you listed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
In the VW community there is a company called Waywell, they make a similar product that has a "OEM look" but has all the functionality of an aftermarket deck such as the one in the first post. Many friends of mine have had them for at least 2-3 years now with no issues at all with quality. Not sure if they make them for Volvo's but if that's the look you are after but want aftermarket type functions might be worth checking out.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
No idea, I haven't been intrigued that much to actually fire out an email to them. My guess is that it's slightly cheaper than what BP offers. I have to be honest though, after what happened to BP, I'm definitely turned off by the idea.

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bump
Quick question: a double din head unit that retains steering wheel controls ? Has iPod and aux interface? Won't break the bank?
Links appreciated.
Thanks !

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Bump
Quick question: a double din head unit that retains steering wheel controls ? Has iPod and aux interface? Won't break the bank?
Links appreciated.
Thanks !
none will retain the steering controls, you'll have to buy an adapter regardless what unit you buy from my understanding

Just do a search on Crutchfield and read some reviews.

·
Registered
45 Posts
always been interested in this .... love the volvo OEM steering wheel navigation controls ... but also desired for a touch screen unit to replace the stereo unit ... let me know if you ever develop any ideas

1 - 20 of 23 Posts