SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys would I love your opinion on what exhaust I should get.
I really want the OBX cat back exhaust.
It's only $325 and guarantees 18hp increase.
But is there any other exhaust out there thats better than that?
Thannks, Matt

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
NO, I repeat, NO aftermarket R exhaust will give you 18 hp!
The best stand alone, (street legal, catback) exhaust will give you maybe 5-7 HP

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey guys would I love your opinion on what exhaust I should get.
I really want the OBX cat back exhaust.
It's only $325 and guarantees 18hp increase.
But is there any other exhaust out there thats better than that?
Thannks, Matt
LOL you must be joking. OK i'll play along.
If you listen to the kids here, you can make a full exhaust for under $300 installed. You are overpaying for the OBX. Just make your own ;)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
If you listen to the kids here, you can make a full exhaust for under $300 installed. You are overpaying for the OBX. Just make your own ;)
do you have a link to the list of parts needed for an under 300 exhaust?

·
Registered
501 Posts
NO, I repeat, NO aftermarket R exhaust will give you 18 hp!
The best stand alone, (street legal, catback) exhaust will give you maybe 5-7 HP
In combination with tune?

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
Hi matt,

I went with a 4 inch turbo back off of a ford powerstroke f250. Sounds great and looks even better. Butt dyno says 22.6 hp increase.

Hope this helps,
Jamal

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Because of the dimensions, and exhaust made for the Toyota Camry will almost bolt directly onto the R. You may have to use different rubber hangers though.
Welcome to the Swedespeed R Forum, MattS60R.

Not all R owners are "guys" but most of the gals departed long back.

Once you get past the IWNETD this Forum can be both fun and informative.

Good luck.

George Dill

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I have no idea where you can get a custom exhaust made of stainless steel and mandrel bent made and installed for under $300. If you know of ANY places that will make a mandrel bent stainless steel custom catback exhaust and will install it for under $300 please share.

I was quoted $400 installed for an aluminized steel crush bent catback system. $405 shipped for the OBX, which is stainless steel and mandrel bent dual 2.0" pipes (which has a cross section of a single 3.0" pipe). Of course the OBX requires some trimming to get it to fit right, but still, hard to beat for the price and what you get.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Hi matt,

I went with a 4 inch turbo back off of a ford powerstroke f250. Sounds great and looks even better. Butt dyno says 22.6 hp increase.

Hope this helps,
Jamal

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Hmmm... The sarcasm in strong in this one

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You're making it too hard. At least +10 HP here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ipd down pipe and do the res delete that's what I did and it sounds wonderful.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did the res delete and it sounded a little better, but I did it so I would have the exhaust bracket of death. I got 2 quotes for custom 3 inch exhausts and they were both around 500-600 for crush bent so..... You decide 2 inch mandrel or 3 inch crushed. I too am thinking about the OBX

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I did the res delete and it sounded a little better, but I did it so I would have the exhaust bracket of death. I got 2 quotes for custom 3 inch exhausts and they were both around 500-600 for crush bent so..... You decide 2 inch mandrel or 3 inch crushed. I too am thinking about the OBX
Why would you want the exhaust bracket of death?

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank You I appreciate it sadly I cant make my own I just dont have enough time.
I will probaly hold back on the exhaust and maybe just wait for the ipd ecu upgrade .

Thank you once again guys and girls for your suggestions.

·
Registered
614 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
lol you live so close, why haven't I heard the self proclaimed "best exhaust ever" in person? I'm gonna be in Rye today if you and Giorgi are down for a little beach cruise/meet.
OMG I so wish I saw this yesterday. Beach runs are always able to slip in my schedule! I was in salisbury all morning too :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts