SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any more complicated then 850 and S70's?

Gary

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Exactly the same

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. Thanks Jim.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1998 C70 Door Panels

Remove mirror cover, pops out of 3 tabs.. Remove access panel at arm rest. Remove screw under small panel. Remove plastic buttons along bottom and side with small flat tip screwdriver. Panel can hang up on metal bracket visible from below about middle of panel. Remove plastic cover surround at handle. Detach electrical connectors for gas/trunk switches, power windows/locks.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Yeah, don't forget the trim around the handle. I forgot as I was disassembling my 04 and cracked it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
One area were I had some problems was at the top of the door panel, their is a thick weather strip type piece that kind of rubs the window, the door panel kinda slips into a grove in the weather strip piece and the weather strip piece fits onto the top metal part of the door.
When you remove the door panel the weather strip pieces might come off with the door panel, as fare as re-install goes I can't recall weather it was easier to re-install the panel with the weather strip on the door panel or the door but I think it was better to have the weather strip on the door panel, It might feel like the door panel is harder to fit but by installing the weather strip on the door panel first it helps prevent the upper edge of the door panel from coming lose. If you look at the upper edge of the door panel you will find the the upper edge has a fold on the inside of the door panel, that fold is glued and keeps the door panel securely attached to the upper weather strip on the door. If the fold that is glued comes lose the top part of the door panel won't stay tight against the door and you will have to re-glue the fold to fix the door panel. So I would put the weather strip on the door panel before installing it even if the weather strip stays on the door when you remove the panel.
When re-installing the push-in clips along the bottom I found that it was easyer to remove the push-in part, install the the part that surround the push-in & then install the push in.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great info guys. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts