SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually you all probably know what it is...but I have a question to any Evolve hood grill owner.... is this how its supposed to look or will in not fit my application??

TIA

Will it work if I bring to a body shop for the install....

Side not: If you dont like this post dont reply to it...Thank you

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
if it can't be done let me know and i will take it off your hands.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet you would.... I drop in in a river and it'll float to your flooded front door

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: (Copeland)

I'd suggest comparing it to a friend's S60 hood, just to see what differences (if any) may exist.

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Re: (R Salesman)

Quote, originally posted by R Salesman »
I'd suggest comparing it to a friend's S60 hood, just to see what differences (if any) may exist.

yeah but doesn't he need a friend first?

haha j/k buddy!

Quote, originally posted by Copeland »
I bet you would.... I drop in in a river and it'll float to your flooded front door

actually the rivers are back down to flood stage (...ish)

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hardy har har....

well I forgot to get holderads number the other day at the GTG he is the only one that I know with an s60.....

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
if it can't be done let me know and i will take it off your hands.

You want to cut a hole in your hood?

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Re: (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »
You want to cut a hole in your hood?

providing i get some real world feedback regarding the reduction in underhood temperatures. if it serves an actual purpose, im game! but if the outcome is purely aesthetic (to some anyway), then count me out.

magoon, i dont know if you checked out the calculation i did in the other thread i started earlier...but at 6000 rpm at full boost, we are moving 530cfm in through our filters and out the tail pipes! thats a lot higher than i thought.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (MagoonR)

Cope, from the side shot it looks like there is more of a curve to your hood where the vent should sit flush. Mine sat flush when I placed it next to the area it sits today. And if you notice on the surround it has what looks like circles, and underneath those circles are the bolts that hold the whole thing down. If the shop that installs it tightens it up to sit flush they will probobly pull a couple of those screws right through. In my opinion it will not fit as flush as the R's. I know it is not what you want to hear.....but I would like to hear the same from you if I was in your shoes. Just my 2c's Rick

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dammit you Swedespeed terrorists...stop hijacking my thread!

Now seriously back to the topic....

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
providing i get some real world feedback regarding the reduction in underhood temperatures. if it serves an actual purpose, im game! but if the outcome is purely aesthetic (to some anyway), then count me out.

magoon, i dont know if you checked out the calculation i did in the other thread i started earlier...but at 6000 rpm at full boost, we are moving 530cfm in through our filters and out the tail pipes! thats a lot higher than i thought.

Just make sure you want to do it because there's no going back once cut.....unless you want to buy another hood.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Rick,

I can handle w.e. anyone says...thats why I am asking... The response I was truly looking for was "ya thats how it looked on my R"

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Dammit you Swedespeed terrorists...stop hijacking my thread!

Ummm.....your posting an S80 hood vent thread in the R forum.

Now seriously back to the topic....

Which belongs in a different forum.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya, I should have gone to the s80 forum with all the other vented s80's oh wait.....nvm I am the only one....

I guess I will go to the bodyshop in the morning so they can laugh at me... Thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Ya, I should have gone to the s80 forum with all the other vented s80's oh wait.....nvm I am the only one....

I guess I will go to the bodyshop in the morning so they can laugh at me... Thanks for everyones help

Go to the local dealer instead. Why not just buy that R already instead of trying to make the S80 into a wannabe?

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Want to fund it for me...Ill camp out over night and get this one at my dealer....

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Want to fund it for me

That's okay. I have a little less than three years to go on my R.......if it stays that long that is.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

FS: Evolve hood grille.... any takers?

Save them for your R.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont know by the time I have money for an R (2020 roughly) they will already look like the Blue Evolve Haldex car and have the grill in them

1 - 20 of 35 Posts