SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to automatically roll it up, it hits the top and goes back down like halfway. Every time. What's happening and how do I fix it?

TL;DR watch the video https://vimeo.com/146059965

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hold the switch all the way up for ~5 seconds. This will recalibrate the sensor as adamyeti mentioned

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
When I try to automatically roll it up, it hits the top and goes back down like halfway. Every time. What's happening ...
What is happening is the window controller is reversing for safety reasons. A child's neck could be the reason the window isn't going up, but instead it's just that the module needs calibration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holding the switch doesn't work. I've tried the switch for the passenger window on the drivers side as well as the passenger door switch. Neither works. What do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Try taking the panel off and pull the glass out and see what's going on inside. You can't see much but if you reset where the window sits on the track it could help.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
My wife's '06 XC90 also started doing this a month or so ago. All we do now is just hold the button up until it closes, then let go and it stays up. Not the best solution in the world, but it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts