SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
121 - 140 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts

Rows 2 and 4 complete now. I wonder what the little black things on the sides of the wheel arches are.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Those are probably little spoilers. My Ford Fiesta had exactly the same kind of (tiny) extensions at the Two o'clock position of the rear wheel arches.

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
My MX-5 has them too. I thought they were little guards to prevent the wheel arch in that area from getting chips.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I already expected they would show image 22 and 29 the last. Every day I hope they are shown, since they will reveal if the same strong creases will be present as they are on the Concept Coupé. Furthermore, they will show the trunk edge that will probably cut the top rear lights in half. That would be further proof that this is a production model instead of a concept. We have to be patient a little longer.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I already expected they would show image 22 and 29 the last. Every day I hope they are shown, since they will reveal if the same strong creases will be present as they are on the Concept Coupé. Furthermore, they will show the trunk edge that will probably cut the top rear lights in half. That would be further proof that this is a production model instead of a concept. We have to be patient a little longer.
Definitely no reason to do another concept that looks like so much similar with Concept Coupe. Looking wise it should be fine. As a sporty/sports car, the power train and handling tune is more important and interesting to people.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Now guessing time, on piece 22 and 29, is the trunk opening seam vertical, horizontal, or diagonal?

The tail light on piece #27 seems not aligned perfectly. Should be shifted down a few pixels.

·
Registered
456 Posts
All of the pictures are aligned perfectly. It's only that three of them are inverted, piece # 28 being one of them. Polestar hasn't shown that piece yet.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Those are probably little spoilers. My Ford Fiesta had exactly the same kind of (tiny) extensions at the Two o'clock position of the rear wheel arches.
I was told it is to do with standards in other countries, the bodywork must sit further out than the wheels. So they just add this little bit of body work to comply.

·
Registered
456 Posts
For comparison:

I like the Volvo's rear lights better as they look more unique, more dynamic, not so "straight" as the Polestar's.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I also slightly prefer the curved lines of the Concept Coupe from this rear view, but let's give Polestar the benefit of the doubt and see what it looks like when we get to see the whole car tomorrow. On the whole though, it looks VERY close to the concept, which is nice, even though it's quite clearly a production model.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I also slightly prefer the curved lines of the Concept Coupe from this rear view, but let's give Polestar the benefit of the doubt and see what it looks like when we get to see the whole car tomorrow. On the whole though, it looks VERY close to the concept, which is nice, even though it's quite clearly a production model.
Yeah. The little divot where the V O L V O went is missing and it kinda tied the rear end together in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yeah. The little divot where the V O L V O went is missing and it kinda tied the rear end together in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The V O L V O lettering is basically the Dude's rug :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Placing bets now on future owners swapping The Polestar Badge for V O L V O lettering. haha

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yes! It looks like a Volvo, and it probably will sound and smell like a Volvo, maybe even drive like a Volvo. So why don't have a Volvo lettering on it? Some could even mistake it for a Citroën!

121 - 140 of 324 Posts