SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine wants to get rid of her '98 S70. Auto (GLE) i believe. She doesnt know... it was her first car and she doesnt like it nor know much about it at all. im like, well hell ill take it if you want to sell it. Has 210k on it! she bought it about a year ago with ALL the paperwork EVER for it for 4 grand... i told her that sounded kinda high, but she said it has heated seats, sky roof ect.. Anyway what would be a good price to give her for it? i would like to get it fairly cheap but not rip her off as well. Im a newer volvo guy so i dont know exactly what ones like these go for. ill find the details and maybe post some pics later tonight.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Like $1500 if it's in decent shape, lol.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yeah, it's a naturally aspirated engine which means it's a base level S70 with an auto trans and the cold weather package. At that mileage the car is worth $1500 if it's in good shape. I have a similar S70 with 160k miles on it for which I just overhauled the entire brake system last year, put new tires on, timing belt + water pump + tensioners were replaced within 20k miles, the leather is in perfect shape (because I replaced the driver's seat), valve seals were replaced, suspension was completely replaced at 140k miles, and plugs + wires + distributor were replaced also. Only thing the car needs is to swap out the PVC and yet I would be hard pressed to see someone pay more than $2500 for the car. In fact I'd be ecstatic if I got that for the car because it's probably worth $1800 - $2000. And I've owned it since 20k miles, bought it CPO and have every piece of paper to go with it.

Your friend overpaid for the car originally unless she has put 50k miles on it in the last year. Don't be influenced by what KBB says these cars are worth (they're wrong and overpriced) in a private party deal.

And BTW, the work I just described on my car is probably the same work that's going to need to be done to hers unless she has already had it done.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i wouldn't unless you don't plan to mod. at least a glt...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts