SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,038 Posts
Absolutely nothing. I adjusted it once when setting up my memory seating a year back and that is it. Never have needed to touch it again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
When I first got my '19 T6 - which was pretty much fully loaded, I did not happen to notice it did not have a memory column. Too late I realized after the sale. It was hard for me to believe that a luxury car of this price did not have it. On my other cars so equipped, it was used all the time. Big oversight by Volvo IMHO.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,038 Posts
Must be only driver in the household!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. Not the only driver in the household. The wife only adjusts the memory seat to Position #2 and keeps the Steering wheel at the same position as mine (she probably doesn't even know the Steering wheel can be adjusted :p).

Although I can see why this might be an issue to some as it would mess up their driving position after someone else changes the steering position, and being unpowered, it isn't linked to the memory seats.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Maybe I’m a sucker for marketing hype, but I though Volvo intentionally used a manual steering wheel adjustment due to safety reasons. I.e. someone who kept it low and close to their legs and body could be pinned with it in an accident and unable to free themselves if electric power was unavailable.... just hype?

My wife and I both use the same adjustment so have never touched after the original setting.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I asked about this at the Factory Delivery Center, I was told it was for safety reasons as beers pointed out. Hans said he didn't expect that Volvo would ever change to electric tilt/telescope.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wouldn't trade anything for it!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nothing.
I set it when we picked up the car. My wife was fine with it and has never been readjusted.
Needless fluff.
+1
One less motor to break down . . .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I asked about this at the Factory Delivery Center, I was told it was for safety reasons as beers pointed out. Hans said he didn't expect that Volvo would ever change to electric tilt/telescope.
That's it then.

LOL at the needless fluff comment. To me the glovebox button is THE definition of needless fluff and was willing to trade it in my hypothetical exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe I’m a sucker for marketing hype, but I though Volvo intentionally used a manual steering wheel adjustment due to safety reasons. I.e. someone who kept it low and close to their legs and body could be pinned with it in an accident and unable to free themselves if electric power was unavailable.... just hype?
Maybe I am too because that makes total sense.

My wife and I both use the same adjustment so have never touched after the original setting.
Ditto... and I drive it 99.9% of the time so even if we didn't it wouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Money.

But only if it can be linked to the key fobs so it adjusts automatically when I or my wife get in with our own fobs

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts