SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey again,<BR> Im gonna milk all of you for all you are worth, hope you dont mind. Im sure this has been asked a million times, but hey, things change week to week it seems. Anyway, Im unsure what is worth upgrading on my volvo. I have added a k&N airfilter, and modified the air box for better flow. I have since order and decided on a cone filter with metal cold air box. I bought a set of 16" rims for the summer, they are a bit lighter than the factory allow twists I have. I added added new summer only performance tires, slightly wider and lower profile. I want to know whats next, should I do chip, exhaust, both, shocks, springs, both, etc. Oh yeah, I added the vented slotted rotors and new pads, they sound neat, but the difference is only noticable on the track and hills. I know this a question where it comes down to personal taste, what do I want more of. Seems to me I will get more use out of handeling, or maybe atleast more enjoyment. Better handeling is sort of a safety thing, added speed is really just the opposite. Im like everything about the cars speed accept its off the line acceleration. I think its the turbo lag, but it is the first turbo car I have owned, so I dont know. Anyway to get better 0-60 acceleration without spending a ton of cash, that way I can improve my handeling and have speed I like better. I have a feeling the answer to this is gonna be add a chip and exhaust and shocks and springs, cuz thats what I want anyway. ok, well thankyou in advance.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mods on this car will never be really cheap, but a full custom exhaust (turbo car) will run you about 850 bucks (quite ironic) and the performance gain will be outstanding. i absolutely love mine and it only drives you to do more mods on your car.<BR>Call around and look for a shop that does IT"S OWN mandrel bending, they'll help you out.<BR>Good luck,<P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts