SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at one on Thursday locally. Originally i was only considering CPO but this is one of the cheapest around and its loaded. I am having it brought to a Volvo dealership for a pre purchase inspection but they said it was only an hour of shop time so it doesnt sound like they do too much besides look for obvious issues.

Things i was going to specifically ask them to check
sunroof drain tubes
air suspension
brakes (was the TSB ever done)
Pull the computer codes
Confirm most recent firmware on all systems

Anything else obvious?

·
Registered
552 Posts
1 hour for a pre purchase inspection is plenty of time. They're not disassembling the car or anything like that. I think you've covered all the basics.

If dealer says the brake pads are low, replacing needed, don't be fooled by them telling you the rotors must be replaced as well, you don't have to. For reference, my rear pads were down at 6mm, dealer said I should replace them within 3-4 months and quoted ~$700 because rear rotors needed to be replaced...they just do it without even looking at the rotors. I measured the wear of those discs and they had just shy on 0.5mm wear. Replaced brake pads all around by myself for a third of what the dealer wanted, that was ~28k miles ago, no issues whatsoever.

Good luck with your inspection!

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yeah an hour is plenty of time.

Bring me a clunker and I'll find plenty of stuff in an hour. Being a 2018, it shouldn't need much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like it still has 8 months of factory warranty left so theoretically anything they find they would cover (except wear items).

Ive read the brakes can be a bit of an issue on these but i am a pretty accomplished home mechanic (full drivetrain swaps/conversions) when i was younger so i dont mind having to do pads and rotors when the time comes if i get vibration after the warranty period.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unrelated, what is the "tailored instrument panel and sun curtain" option. I have been searching for an hour and cant find any details. i can see reviews where it was part of the car delivered but no mention as to what it actually added.

·
Registered
2020 V60 T5 R-Design, 2020 XC90 T6 Momentum
30 Posts
Unrelated, what is the "tailored instrument panel and sun curtain" option. I have been searching for an hour and cant find any details. i can see reviews where it was part of the car delivered but no mention as to what it actually added.
I believe it's the dash is leather with stitching as opposed to the normal injection mold only and the rear seats get sun shades that can be pulled up by the passenger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts