1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

I'm moving to Europe from Hong Kong.
And I'm looking at Volvo XC70.
Right now on my radar is a 2007 model with 240000km (150000miles)
Only thing I know the Time Belt is changed in 180000km.
There is high probability the mileage informed is not the real one.
By the way how easy is it to change the mileage on the dashboard?

I have now V50 -2004 and used to this Forum the get the advice to all the "common problemS" which I have managed to repair mostly by my own.
I used to be service engineer for Volvo Truck engines (Deutz), but not having now all the tools limits what I can do.

So the question: what should I look when checking a XC70.

I will buy a D5 as in many Europe countries as the future Diesel limitations these car prices have dropped.... good for me

Thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
In Europe touching the odo is a crime that will be unveiled in the following (bi)-yearly state inspection.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Whatever you buy, it would be best if you purchased a Vida and Dice from ebay and setup a Laptop to use it. Best thing I ever did since buying two Volvo's!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Changing the mileage shown in the DIM really isn't very easy, not for your everyday DIYer atleast. I mean, you could swap the DIM unit and it could carry the mileage from it's previous car, or it could show tje mileage of the car it's presently installed in, I've seen both, What makes you suspect hei the mileage is off? Maintainance is really everything on these, a low mileage car can look ancient with no care, while my own 2007 with 350k kms on the clock looks and feels pretty good,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts