SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The garbage guy won't take them...leaves them on the curb time and time again.

What is everyone's suggestion on where/how to get rid of old rotors. They are heavy so you would think the scrap metal people would want these. In my area, they don't.
I actually have several sets now sitting in my shed. They are an eyesore to leave in my hard somewhere.

-MIJ

·
Registered
921 Posts
I usually just put them in the mixed recyling bin on the street. They take any kind of scrap metal though - steel, cast iron, whatever. If I didn't have that, I could take them to a city recyling center.

Is there a recycling center run by a city or county authority that takes scrap steel and iron?

Maybe you can throw them away one at a time in your trash bin, or maybe at a trash bin at work?

·
Registered
12,695 Posts
I take them to a metal recycler and get money for them. You don't get a lot, maybe 4 or 5 dollars for a set, IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah- I'll call around for a recycler- a few bucks is a few bucks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Metal re-cycle center. I was thinking about just burying them...send them back where they came from, but the local metal recycler gave me a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I typically call the first ad I find on Craigslist for Scrap Metal. You leave them on the curb and they pick them up. I've even gotten rid of old stoves, dishwashers, fridges, etc...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'll bet there's something fun on Pintrest that could be done with them :p

I'd try a recycler though like others mentioned. I'd say search for an apartment complex that you could toss them into a dumpster, but that would probably be illegal. The bonus of a recycler is the benefit of getting money for them even if not much.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Put them to the curb with a sign saying "For Sale $10": somebody will steal them ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts