SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a scrap motor from a 93 850. The timing belt broke so the valves are trashed. I might just take it to the aluminum recycling place, they are paying about 40 cents/pound. I don't know if it is worth selling. I feel bad scrapping it because the shortblock and cams are probably still good (i think) but I can't use it. Any thoughts or buyers?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Re: What to do with broken timing belt motor? (2404life)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>2404life</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a scrap motor from a 93 850. The timing belt broke so the valves are trashed. I might just take it to the aluminum recycling place, they are paying about 40 cents/pound. I don't know if it is worth selling. I feel bad scrapping it because the shortblock and cams are probably still good (i think) but I can't use it. Any thoughts or buyers?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>The aluminum recycle guys will probably ask you to strip out the crank and cams. To go thru all of that i would slap a set of new valves on the head and sell it.( As long as the pistons didnt crack from the hit)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts