SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a used B244T5 motor with 175k mi on the clock. Pretty sure it was running until the tranny bolted to it took a dump.

If compression is good, sink a HG, shims, and some seals in it, then run it in my R?? Or, should i still consider re-ring the pistons and putting in some bearings???

Or, is this entire idea terrible??

·
Registered
852 Posts
The B5244T5 is a very good motor to swap into Rs, I believe its a good bit stronger, as it has thicc 2:3l walls with more stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which is precisely why i'm looking at the swap.

The real question is, do I run this motor with 175k mi on the clock? Reseal it? Or rebuild it?

I can reseal it myself. Maybe even put in a set of bearings too. However, i'd have to have a machine shop hone the bores and re-ring the pistons. If i'm going to do that, i'd also opt to deck the block and install a block guard.

I'm not looking to make major power here. Goal is just to have a decent DD and make somewhere around 330 hp with an FMIC and a tune.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Which is precisely why i'm looking at the swap.

The real question is, do I run this motor with 175k mi on the clock? Reseal it? Or rebuild it?

I can reseal it myself. Maybe even put in a set of bearings too. However, i'd have to have a machine shop hone the bores and re-ring the pistons. If i'm going to do that, i'd also opt to deck the block and install a block guard.

I'm not looking to make major power here. Goal is just to have a decent DD and make somewhere around 330 hp with an FMIC and a tune.
My first advice would be to ditch the ARD tune, and second, you can make 330hp easily on the stock R block!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
Full reseal using blue box seals. You can check the big end rod bearings with the pan off. No reason to split the longblock unless porting the head the multi layer steel head gasket do not fail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts