SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 just hit 50K....I do not have a manual. What services do I have to do at this point. I do oil changes every 5K, brakes/ rotors when needed and both cabin and air filters...that's been it so far. What needs to be done?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Check for the obvious:

Oil Synthetic only

Top off antifreeze if needed

Windshield Washer fluid

Brake fluid check

Power Steering fluid check

Brake pads and rotors if needed

Tire Tread Wear, rotation if necessary, keep tires at minimum 32, mines are always at 38 to save fuel, will bounce...watch for potholes

Wipers

All around light bulb check

Grease/lube door hinges

Pop out the air filter and check... if change needed buy a lifetime good one rather than a cheap one

Give it Super Premium 93 Octane at least once a month

Clear the pipes on a long highway driveway if able.

Lift it on a jack, go underneath, check for leaks and perform visual check of suspension

Those are just the obvious, I probably missed some

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Brake fluid, and I replaced the front lines (braided SS), pads (Akebono) and front rotors (Volvo under warranty)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Super Premium 93 octane once a month? What purpose does that serve? Haven't we been over this multiple times?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Super Premium 93 octane once a month? What purpose does that serve? Haven't we been over this multiple times?
It's worth a shot, what's a few extra dollars down the drain ? It may help, so why not try. It won't hurt but may potentially benefit the engine.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
It's worth a shot, what's a few extra dollars down the drain ? It may help, so why not try. It won't hurt but may potentially benefit the engine.
You've used that same line repeatedly and people have repeatedly explained why there is no benefit. It won't help and won't benefit the engine. Plain and simple. That's fine if you want to do it but please don't post it as a maintenance requirement when it is simply some personal belief you have not based on any actual facts.

The maintenance schedule Wayne posted is all that this thread needed. That is what should be followed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts