SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. My 2007 V8 is getting close to 160.000km (100k miles) and I'm wondering what maintenance to do at this point?
I drove the car for around 15.000 km so since I got it. It had been very well maintained by the previous owner. I change oil every 10.000 km.

I plan on taking the car to my local indy mechanic. He is a VW guy but is happy to work on any European vehicle. What should I ash him to check or change?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Check out your entire front end suspension setup.. Sway bar links, control arm bushings, tie rods, axle boots, struts and strut bearings, tranny and engine mounts.. At this point it's just time to look for problems.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Pull all fuses and relays, clean the male tabs of any discoloring. Lube with IDEAL Noalox (or the like) and reinstall. Do the same for all electrical connectors underhood. Check all harness ends for signs of wear/over-flexing. Harness ends can be reinforced using clear RTV and then taping. Check for chaffing.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
On my V8, I'm going to do the aux belt with tensioner and rollers @ 100k (miles), have the parts sitting in my garage. At 94k and being the new owner (had it for 2 months now), I did fluids for trans (Mobil 3309), AOC (OEM with filter), rear diff (Redline 75W-90), power steering (CHF202), and coolant (OEM). Will get to angle gear (fill hole is hard to access) and brake fluid in the next couple of months. More to baseline the vehicle than anything else.

Front suspension components and engine mounts for sure, these are very common. Change the fuel filter at some point? Assume cabin and engine filters were done as part of a normal cycle?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Whenever I buy a used car I change the fuel filter, and check the air and cabin. Most people don't change the cabin filter. Hell, most people don't even know what a cabin filter is lol

·
Registered
804 Posts
Whenever I buy a used car I change the fuel filter, and check the air and cabin. Most people don't change the cabin filter. Hell, most people don't even know what a cabin filter is lol
Guilty! I haven't the slightest to where it is.

Matw if you're going to take the XC to your mechanic just give him the 100k list from your manual. It should tell him all the items to go over and I'm sure you can add a few more to the list.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I bought my xc90 about 6 weeks ago. I just turned 100k. Not being sure what was done. I Changed my spark plugs, air cleaner and cabin filter. All were very gross. The cabin filter takes about 10 minutes. It's under the glove box.

Here's what my filters looked like.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi there. My 2007 V8 is getting close to 160.000km (100k miles) and I'm wondering what maintenance to do at this point?
I drove the car for around 15.000 km so since I got it. It had been very well maintained by the previous owner. I change oil every 10.000 km.

I plan on taking the car to my local indy mechanic. He is a VW guy but is happy to work on any European vehicle. What should I ash him to check or change?

Thanks
Get a 100,000 Mile badge for the grille, then give everything a once over (although ideally you would be doing this once a year) and replace things that are worn.

·
3,391 Posts
Change the oil if it's due, and keep driving!

If you haven't done the serpentine belt/tensioner/idlers yet, that would be advisable. I replaced that all preventatively on both of my V8s. One at 160k, and the other at 270k, and they were all in perfect condition when I replaced them. However, I've seen some nasty pics on here of idler pulleys that have failed. Aside from that, the "tune-up" services are at 75 and 150k.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Change the oil if it's due, and keep driving!

If you haven't done the serpentine belt/tensioner/idlers yet, that would be advisable. I replaced that all preventatively on both of my V8s. One at 160k, and the other at 270k, and they were all in perfect condition when I replaced them. However, I've seen some nasty pics on here of idler pulleys that have failed. Aside from that, the "tune-up" services are at 75 and 150k.

Can you share how to replace the serpentine belt/tensioner/idlers? I have mine on order and plan on doing it myself ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts