SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a 2007 Volvo S60R 6-Speed to replace my (automatic) Subaru Legacy. I got it from some stereotypical used car dealer, which they got as a trade-in. It's an immaculate 1-Owner, and is nearly perfect.

That being said, the dealer replaced the tires with these cheap 'Nankang Pro Sport' summer performance tires. They're some cheap Chinese Tires that don't go for over $80 a piece. Though I'm going use these up (they aren't bound to last very long regardless), I need to think about something to replace them with.

I spend most of the year in Maryland, but I spend my winters in Connecticut. Is there a good set of tires I should get for all season use, or should I get a set of winter wheels? In terms of tires, I don't want to spend more than $200 a piece.

Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome to Swedespeed! Good to see a fellow MD member, and you have a very nice looking S60R. A lot of buzz and attention has been giving to the Continental Extreme Contact DWS lately, and I just put those on my 2005 V70R. So far, they have been a really solid tire. The only other tire I ran was a Khumo Ecsta, and I think I prefer the Continentals at the moment. A lot will depend on how honestly rate your driving and the tire you really need. Do you need the performance tire? Do you need a touring tire for the highway? Just food for thought!

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
LI +95!!!!
Saw again wining posting here about bent rims but they had 91 tires.
and keep tire pressure fronts +40psi

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
854 Posts
With New England winters, I would suggest separate winter tires and summer tires. I can go anywhere in ice, snow, freezing rain with my Blizzaks LM-25's and not care about the road conditions (just other idiotic drivers and their SUVs thinking they can take on the world with their bald all seasons). I have Continental Extreme Contact DW for the summer.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice Ride!

Got Blizzak's on inexpensive 17-inch rims for Winter (with AWD and these tires, as long as I have underbody clearance - I can go anywhere)

Recently put a set of Hankook Ventus V12 evos on the 18-inch Pegs - love 'em so far:
-Loads of grip
-Quiet (better than the All-Season Yoko Avids that came with the car)
-Get 'em at a decent price with a $40 gift-card rebate (not sure if it's still running - but if you're interested, it pays to check)

Good luck in your search

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
I bet you even don't know what that picture means!
if you got any brake inballance these tires will aid, like the PZERO. If you use spacers and got brake inballance, the inballance will just get bigger.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I bet you even don't know what that picture means!
if you got any brake inballance these tires will aid, like the PZERO. If you use spacers and got brake inballance, the inballance will just get bigger.
What? The picture is part of their water evacuation design explanation. Basically it shoots water to one side of the car, not both sides. They've been great tires. I'm on my second set and have no complaints.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I bought mine with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS and have no complaints. They seem like they're great for anything you throw at them and they're reasonably priced.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I bought mine with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS and have no complaints. They seem like they're great for anything you throw at them and they're reasonably priced.
I plan on replacing my tires with the Conti DWS's after my Bridgestones are used up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts