SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2007 S60R, manual transmission.

Wondering what kind of tires you guys like, dislike, use, have used, would or would not recommend?

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks.

-Dave
Denver, CO

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Michelin pilot super sports! Dope summer tires and best by far! Superior grip wet and dry! Around 230$ a tire
Have yet to find a better tire. The road traction and cornering is unbelievable and the sidewall is mighty firm.

Winters are blizzack lm-60's super good traction :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Dunlop direzza z1 star specs for summers but I may be replacing them with the super sports crazyace mentioned above next summer since they are about shot.
Winters are Michelin x-ice 2's which are amazing in the ice rain and snow.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Summer: I'm using these Nankang NSP Summer Tires. I bought the car from a used car dealer and they threw on the cheapest set of new tires they could find. These tires are like ******* cockroaches - THEY WILL NOT DIE. I have driven about 10K on them and they seem to still have more than 70% of life in them. I don't have it in me to get rid of perfectly good tires, so I'm just driving them to the ground (no pun intended).

That being said, I can't imagine how terrifying they would be in any adverse weather, as they are utterly terrifying in the driest of conditions.

Winter: I have a set of General Altimax Arctics which are fun tires to have. I have never had so much grip in my SR MT then with those. I have yet to experience any actual weather with them, but they should be beasts in the snow. Would I recommend them for daily, all-year driving - no. But if you want a good winter set, I don't think you can go wrong for the price ($139 from TireRack)

That's my 2 Cents...

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
This year:
Summer:Michelin Pilot Super Sport + General Exclaim UHP (I have 2 sets of wheels.)
Winter: Hankook IceBear W300

Next year: Hankook Ventus V12 EVO

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Continental Extreme Contact DWS per previous recommendations on this forum.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Perfect timing on this thread as I will need new summer tires next season.
I had a set of GY F1s (old tread pattern) that I just loved. Which they still made them in our size. I'd buy them again.

For winter I have a set of Vreds that we bought thru a group buy back in 2004.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
summer: continental extreme contact dw's not dws but dw's (summer only)
winter: none--> car in storage, sti has winterforce tires. no summers picked out for that yet.

general artics as mentioned above are supposed to be very good in loose snow. :thumbup:

my winterforces that came with car should be good on packed snow/ice, can't wait to get dumped on.

·
Registered
196 Posts
For an All Season I prefer the GY Eagle F1 Asymmetric. Great all around performer and beats most Summer only and Winter only tires in their respective use.

If you like having two sets, BFG KDW are amazing summer only tires and you cant go wrong with Blizzaks in the winter. The BFG's are loud but stick to road as well as a race tire.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Car came with Nexen N3000, nothing I'd ever personally buy but they seem OK. I'll replace them with something better in the spring.

Currently have a set of Yokohama W.Drive winter tires waiting to go on. Will have to report back about those.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I chewed through a set of Hankook Ventus V12 Evos last year and they were great but a little loose in the wet. This time I got a set of Ventus V2 Concepts and they are excellent. Living in FL I see no snow and rarely temps below 40 degrees, but lots and lots of rain.

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
793 Posts
Summer: Continental Extreme Contact DW

Winter: Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25

·
Registered
303 Posts
I run:

Summer - Hankook Ventus EVO S1 225/40-18, great grip in even dry and wet. Think i´ll try michelin pilot sport next time.

Winter - Continental ContiwinterContact TS790V 225/45-17, these are really nice. Pretty sporty feeling and studless ofc.

What i want for trackdays.. Rota boost 17x8(only7,3kg!) with Toyo r888 :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
General tire Gmax Ultra's 235/40 R18's Love em Came from the general tire Exclaim UHP. Loved them too

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
When I bought my R it had Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta great handling tires! Wore down in about 12k miles though. I just replaced them with Continental DWS which seems to be popular. So far so good.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Michelin pilot super sports! Dope summer tires and best by far! Superior grip wet and dry! Around 230$ a tire
Have yet to find a better tire. The road traction and cornering is unbelievable and the sidewall is mighty firm.

Winters are blizzack lm-60's super good traction :)
These - great tire but a little pricey

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Just put new Conti DWSs on for winter - replacing two 'DWs' (former DWSs) on the front, and an unrepairable rear tire (the other, still with the 'S' showing, became a full-sized spare.) Run for two summers and one winter, the DWSs are a very good high-performance all season tire: near top performance in summer and best 'light-winter' performance tire you can get. I'll likely put the 'DWs' back on next summer.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S- I'm on my second set and love them!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts