SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So car has been running great with the new tune! Pull out of the parking garage tonight (just casually not going into boost or anything) and the car stumbles and dies. Check the piping everything is good. Go to start the car and it is cranking and trying to start but wont. Let it sit ten minutes, and then car starts up effortlessly. And then I progress with my night and the car holds boost and feels like a tuned car! However this is not the first time it has happened and is starting to concern me. It probably happens once every couple weeks. No CEL or VIDA codes

·
Registered
201 Posts
Somewhat typical symptoms of failing MAF... given enough time will throw a code though so hard to say. Crank sensor also potential offender, might check the routing of the crank sensor wiring and make sure its not pinched or anything :)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
PEM and the PEM connector are suspects to put on your list.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
PEM and the PEN connector are suspects to put on your list.
^ yup. I lean towards corroded PEM. Is yours mounted to the gas tank or in the trunk?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
excuse me for not knowing this, but what is/are PEN and PEM ?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Pump Electric Module controls the fuel pump and fuel delivery. Sometimes a code for a bad FPS (Fuel Pressure Sensor) will actually trace back to a fault with the PEM. It is more common on the 04 model year as they mounted this unit under the car to the gas tank right by the fuel filter. Over time water, grit, etc. get in there and corrode the board and cause odd things to happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts