SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting.

I thought Jeep Wranglers would be a dime in a dozen everywhere in North America.
Not the rarity I supposed, but more the 'hey, we're members of the same club". Definitely lots of them around...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Not the rarity I supposed, but more the 'hey, we're members of the same club". Definitely lots of them around...
Ah, ok. I see what you mean.

In my experience "the wave" has always been a thing in communities that cars that are on the rare side.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I may well have the only Passion Red V90 in Canada if @CedarMtn is correct. I've never seen another, though I have seen a couple others. Oddly, in my part of the Toronto area there's a white V90CC that must live very nearby. Twice in the last week, we've been at the same stoplight in the morning. (I have no idea how to tell if it's an OR.) Funny, we shared a knowing wave, reminiscent of when I drove a Jeep Wrangler at the beginning of the decade and regularly did the 'Jeep hand raise'.
Easiest way to determine if it's an Ocean Race is the cladding. It's light gray, front, side and back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Easiest way to determine if it's an Ocean Race is the cladding. It's light gray, front, side and back.
Then I do believe it's an OR. I'll have to take a better look next time I see it, and perhaps get a chance to chat with the driver. Very nice looking CC!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is fun to have a car that very few others have.

I was at a work event where there was 12 of us and there were more Volvos than there were Subarus. In the Pacific NW that is really an unusual thing, not that there were more Volvos, but there were more of any one single brand than Subarus in any parking lot.

My V90 OR has a twin in a city about 1 hr away from me, but these are the only two 2019s in the Portland Area that I am aware of, its awesome having such a rare bird.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just a few weeks ago I was shocked when I parked next to a V90CC (I know, I know... us CC folk are common plebs). Had a quick chat with the owner and we both expressed our disappointment in not being able to get the non CC models off the lot.

IMG_3070.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
You could be worse off, like me! I drive a C30 and no one seems to ever post anything concerning C30's!

My wife drives a V70 though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
XC60s from the back (and the distance) look like a weird V90 CC, then ad I approach them and pass them I realized they were y an XC60, it items to me all the time!

The good news is that there are three of us, V90s, within 2 blocks where I live. Black, Osmium gray and my Brown.

Sent from my XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk
@ Pocholin - I don't see many of them around Chicago, but there do seem to be clusters. We are in Evanston and our neighbor across the alley has the same white one as we do! Plus another black one I've seen street parked a block over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Folks love my bursting blue 2019 V90R Polestar - I get compliments almost every day - and never seen another one - except for an honest Polestar V60 about ten miles from home. I drive all around the DC area - seen one Inscription

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went to a dealer last year to test fit a V90, and talk about OSD. Ever since 2001, I have been unable to drive a Volvo sedan or wagon. The rearview mirror blocks the entire right side of the windshield, made worse with sensors and black shading. Not a problem with the XC models, as the windshields are not as 'raked'.

I was a bit disappointed with the rear storage area and the rear door. My 850T has more room in the rear. I guess I will have to keep my 1995 for a few more years!;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I went to a dealer last year to test fit a V90, and talk about OSD. Ever since 2001, I have been unable to drive a Volvo sedan or wagon. The rearview mirror blocks the entire right side of the windshield, made worse with sensors and black shading. Not a problem with the XC models, as the windshields are not as 'raked'.

I was a bit disappointed with the rear storage area and the rear door. My 850T has more room in the rear. I guess I will have to keep my 1995 for a few more years!;)
Are you very tall or like to have you seat adjusted very high up? That might be your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
...let's put down the Grey Poupon and let's discuss...especially us WAGON folk...

yeah, yeah...i get that there's more SUV folks in Volvos...by the numbers..but aren't we more of a fun bunch than than the XC crowd?!...

where's the passion?

hell - i'm under 60 yrs old (by a year!), and had to sign "the waiver" to drive a volvo when i'm still playing Van Halen I? ( i do have a BMW M3 coupe v8 to offset my failings?!)

live, drive...and.....................pass every XC you can!

R
Well... my wife gave it a shot for two years, but she’s just not that into wagons. I thought the V90CC would be tall enough for her but not quite; according to her, the low roof and small windows makes her feel strangely claustrophobic in a very large car. She also doesn’t like the large CC mirrors taking up so much of the view out the side windows. So we traded my V90 RD (we cleared more for it) and bought her a new Benz SUV. We thought about getting back into an XC60, the new model (we had a ‘15.5 previously), but after driving her mother’s ‘19 T6 Inscrpt around a bit then comparing to the Benz (GLC 43), the Benz won it on solidity, infotainment and performance. OK, I had something to do with opting for the 385 hp turbo V6 with sport exhaust version.😉. I won’t get into it here about how awesome that thing is to drive.

Hey, I still have the beautiful ‘18 V90 CC OR as my DD, which is fine by me. I think it’s one of the best all around automobiles money can buy and probably the perfect long distance, practically go anywhere, touring car for small families. It is a Cross Country after all. As for passing the wife’s GLC, well....

Btw, funny you should mention it, my favorite band in high school was Van Halen. I still listen to them quite often.
RIP Eddie, you were an amazing artist and showman!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Correction. I live in NJ and my 2020 V90 Inscription T6 IS rarer than a Ferrari! I recently had a clear wrap put on my car (front grill and lower side panels ... will have the front hood done soon). While there, the guy was working on several Porsche 911 GT3's and one Ferrari. When I brought in my car, he said that this is the first he'd seen in person. I told him to be very careful with my car since is WAS rarer than the Ferrari he was working on. According to Volvo, Volvo USA V90 car sales, through Sept 2020, were 209 vehicles (https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/en-us/corporate/sales-volumes). My guess is that less than half are Inscriptions. Even at 100 Inscriptions as an estimate, that averages out to only 2 per state. I travel along the east coast, between Virginia and Massachusetts. I've run across a few V90 Inscriptions in Va, but not anywhere else. While Ferrari only produces about 7000 vehicles per year, in NJ, there isn't a week that goes by that I don't see at least one Ferrari driving by. I can name a few nearby towns (and my own) where each has several Ferrari owners. I like the idea that my V90 is rare, but the best part of owning it is the comfort it provides during my long-distance drives (between 4-to-5 hours). The car has plenty of power, can quietly cruise all day at 75 mph or more and, once you arrive after a long travel, I don't feel fatigued or sore.
The times I took my V90’s to the local cars and coffee, it did get as much attention as the Ferrari’s and certainly more than the many Porsche’s, Vette’s, AMG’s, Bimmers - this is a very large C&C also. More than my sexy AMG convertible. The Lambo’s and McLaren’s do tend to get as much attention as the Volvo there though. 😉

7632F040-4CB8-4950-883E-822469221580.jpg

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Keep rockin' the V90 pride. I'm jealous. I had wanted a V90 when we were down to picking between a SPA XC90 and V90CC (at the time we were getting ready to place our TDS order for summer 2017 the pure V90 wasn't a choice yet). T8 swung the pendulum over to the XC as well. I don't regret the choice - we're loving our T8 and it keeps up with needs, but I do have V90 envy.

I grew up in a 240DL wagon and learned to drive it too (with plenty of off-road adventures and my dad frequently wondered why it was always muddy). Great cars and great fun to rally eh drive :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
.....sigh.....just ripped VanHalen 1 to flac in remembrance...B&W and VH1...surreal...
Thanks for the idea! I followed suit and learned that:

- The HK system is way better than I gave it credit for based on listening to Spotify (even oh highest settings)
- I need more FLAC music!

So yeah, thanks for opening my eyes to the joys of really nice sound :)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts