SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...let's put down the Grey Poupon and let's discuss...especially us WAGON folk...

yeah, yeah...i get that there's more SUV folks in Volvos...by the numbers..but aren't we more of a fun bunch than than the XC crowd?!...

where's the passion?

hell - i'm under 60 yrs old (by a year!), and had to sign "the waiver" to drive a volvo when i'm still playing Van Halen I? ( i do have a BMW M3 coupe v8 to offset my failings?!)

live, drive...and.....................pass every XC you can!

R

·
Registered
305 Posts
...let's put down the Grey Poupon and let's discuss...especially us WAGON folk...

yeah, yeah...i get that there's more SUV folks in Volvos...by the numbers..but aren't we more of a fun bunch than than the XC crowd?!...

where's the passion?

hell - i'm under 60 yrs old (by a year!), and had to sign "the waiver" to drive a volvo when i'm still playing Van Halen I? ( i do have a BMW M3 coupe v8 to offset my failings?!)

R
Have you been drinking?!!! LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
321 Posts

where's the passion?

R
Digging the challenge thrown down . Always passing the XCs along the SoCal freeways and 95% of those drives don’t even recognize that it’s a Volvo wagon .

The bursting blue might be flashy but it does look sexy for the long toof

·
Registered
477 Posts
There’s a bit of this when it comes to platforms, but Volvo enthusiasm is already such a niche thing we tend to be a big (err, medium sized) tent.

·
Registered
380 Posts
When I first expressed an interest in buying the V90, and lady friend whose family owns two Volvos, said "you know, it a cult".....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just not that many of us these days, most of the Volvos sold in US are XCs.

That said, if you ever see a silver V90 R design cruising at +85mph on the northeast highways with a titanium road bike strapped to the top, that would be me.

·
Registered
372 Posts
XC60s from the back (and the distance) look like a weird V90 CC, then ad I approach them and pass them I realized they were y an XC60, it items to me all the time!

The good news is that there are three of us, V90s, within 2 blocks where I live. Black, Osmium gray and my Brown.

Sent from my XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well rejoice in the fact that our wagons are almost rarer than a Ferrari...
Nicer IMO and better to drive. LOL

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well rejoice in the fact that our wagons are almost rarer than a Ferrari...
Nicer IMO and better to drive. LOL
Correction. I live in NJ and my 2020 V90 Inscription T6 IS rarer than a Ferrari! I recently had a clear wrap put on my car (front grill and lower side panels ... will have the front hood done soon). While there, the guy was working on several Porsche 911 GT3's and one Ferrari. When I brought in my car, he said that this is the first he'd seen in person. I told him to be very careful with my car since is WAS rarer than the Ferrari he was working on. According to Volvo, Volvo USA V90 car sales, through Sept 2020, were 209 vehicles (https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/en-us/corporate/sales-volumes). My guess is that less than half are Inscriptions. Even at 100 Inscriptions as an estimate, that averages out to only 2 per state. I travel along the east coast, between Virginia and Massachusetts. I've run across a few V90 Inscriptions in Va, but not anywhere else. While Ferrari only produces about 7000 vehicles per year, in NJ, there isn't a week that goes by that I don't see at least one Ferrari driving by. I can name a few nearby towns (and my own) where each has several Ferrari owners. I like the idea that my V90 is rare, but the best part of owning it is the comfort it provides during my long-distance drives (between 4-to-5 hours). The car has plenty of power, can quietly cruise all day at 75 mph or more and, once you arrive after a long travel, I don't feel fatigued or sore.

·
Registered
67 Posts
XC60s from the back (and the distance) look like a weird V90 CC
My neighbourhood in Toronto is full of Volvo XC's. In fact, my next door neighbour has an XC60 in white that my kids, as well as our dog, consistently mistake for my car when they see it. I keep telling my girls that my car is SO much better looking. Our dog runs to the back entrance whenever he see's my neighbour's car coming down the street (our garage is in the back). It's disappointing as he never get's my daughter's car wrong (a Subaru Impreza - also white)!

I rarely see another Volvo V90CC and V90's are even scarcer. Since Volvo Canada no longer imports them - they'll become even rarer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in Maine and have seen three S90 in the last six months. Very rare car up here, I do see mostly CC90 and never a V90. As far as performance goes there isn't much, check out Viva Performance and Heico. I have a rear sway bar, 18" TSW with 275/40 Firestone Indy500. A dual split exhaust tips, and trunk spider round it all out. I like the car, it is fun to drive, not very quick but I have a stomping S63 for that!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in Maine and have seen three S90 in the last six months. Very rare car up here, I do see mostly CC90 and never a V90. As far as performance goes there isn't much, check out Viva Performance and Heico. I have a rear sway bar, 18" TSW with 275/40 Firestone Indy500. A dual split exhaust tips, and trunk spider round it all out. I like the car, it is fun to drive, not very quick but I have a stomping S63 for that!
It should say trunk spoiler!!!!! Not spider. It is the factory one which comes color matched, easy install, really looks nice.

·
Registered
243 Posts

where's the passion?

R
So....are you inviting rhetoric/debate/argument on V vs XC (Volvo wagon vs Volvo SUV) or Volvo wagon vs other (Audi, BMW, MB, that brand popular with the Birkenstock crowd) wagons?

These numbers fascinate me. V90 CC sales plummeted from 2,000 to 1,000 from 2018 to 2019 while non-CC V90s held constant at around 500. V90 CC looks to hold relatively constant this year to last year, but non-CC sales will be substantially lower. Interestingly, V60 (CC and non-CC) sales are nearly four times those of V90's. Curious to see how this drives Volvo's decision to continue to offer various versions of the V in US. BMW 5 wagon is no longer available. Audi brought the A6 back, but only in Allroad (CC) version, not Avant. I still can't figure out whether these volumes are being driven by availability or demand. I'm just glad a V90 Inscription spec'd identically to my preference was on a dealer's lot.

·
Registered
437 Posts
In the 22 months that I have owned my V90, I have only seen three others on the road. My local dealer has 10 on the lot that seemingly have not moved for a long, long time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I may well have the only Passion Red V90 in Canada if @CedarMtn is correct. I've never seen another, though I have seen a couple others. Oddly, in my part of the Toronto area there's a white V90CC that must live very nearby. Twice in the last week, we've been at the same stoplight in the morning. (I have no idea how to tell if it's an OR.) Funny, we shared a knowing wave, reminiscent of when I drove a Jeep Wrangler at the beginning of the decade and regularly did the 'Jeep hand raise'.

·
Registered
819 Posts
...when I drove a Jeep Wrangler at the beginning of the decade and regularly did the 'Jeep hand raise'.

Interesting.

I thought Jeep Wranglers would be a dime in a dozen everywhere in North America.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts