SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While replacing the rear shocks and strut mounts today, while peeling back the passenger side liner in the trunk, I discovered this mystery switch behind the liner... It's Volvo branded, so I'm not sure. My car does have dealer installed park assist with no button for it in the center console as from the factory by VIN my car didn't come off the assembly line with park assist, so I'm wondering if it connects to the parking assist module that's mounted right next to the fuel filler for lock motor in the trunk. Any ideas or thoughts...? Carmine Black Lock Padlock Shadow Motor vehicle Mode of transport Glass Automotive exterior Windshield

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I would just turn it off and see what it does.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Google the part # im curious also

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bingo! Figured it out! It's part# 9204909 and it is indeed the on/off toggle for the park assist kit that you could purchase from the dealer which my car had installed. the cat works nearly the same as the factory install kit, except that obviously this switch is mounted in the trunk and not on the center console and the functionality of the kit go through its own speaker mounted in the trunk rather than going through the car's audio system. Here's a link to a thread here on SS of a member that was selling said kit some years ago... https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=181241#/topics/181241

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts