SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a demo unit with less than 200 miles. Curious what stuff is supposed to come with the car, if anything comes in the trunk. Kind of odd mine has the instruction manual and bolts for installing the front carbon lip. I'm all paranoid now that the car was damaged previously, especially after seeing the thread on the Jacksonville dealer cyan blue car. Clearbra installer noticed the front hood is slightly off center but doesn't look like it was resprayed, and the polestar badge is missing. Odd too that the front windshield has some distortion on the far right side. I guess I'll pay for an inspection for peace of mind.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Many Volvo dealers don't install the front winglets and front carbon splitter. Sounds like you have a 2018, so make sure the side carbon splitters are there.

For me, when I picked up my Polestar I received:
- Volvo wheel lock kit
- Polestar presentation case with the Volvo Keyfobs inside
- Polestar box that contains a little booklet about Polestar and another little booklet that holds the Polestar certificate and calls out my P* VIN
- Polestar box that has a model of the V60 Polestar in Rebel Blue
- All manuals for the car including the Polestar-specific manual
- Remote control for the headunit
- Monroney label
- Polestar hang tag on the rear view mirror

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Didn't get the little bits like the model or polestar box but not a big deal to me. Does have the side splitters. Nice but kind of annoying to wash. Thought the carbon bits would be too boy racer but I kinda like them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There's a remote control, but I personally don't use it at all. It looks like this:

I removed the batteries and it is just in the glovebox. You're not missing anything.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Didn't get the little bits like the model or polestar box but not a big deal to me. Does have the side splitters. Nice but kind of annoying to wash. Thought the carbon bits would be too boy racer but I kinda like them.
If you bought your P* from the dealer/seller, just ask for it (if they have it). The Polestar certificate is unique to the car since the VIN of the vehicle is printed on it - it's worthless to them if you bought the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Curious if the 15’s got anything like what you just listed!

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I bought my '17 S60 P*, it came with most of the same stuff Mightar mentioned, except for the model car. Haven't ever tried to use the remote control.

Ismelllikepoop, my windshield also has distortion on the passenger side and I still occasionally don't press firmly enough on both hood latches so it looks like the hood isn't aligned right. Missing P* badge is definitely an issue, though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts