SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a pair of OEM load bars on my S60R along with a Thule bike tray. Everything seems fine except wind noise is really bad when I have the sunroof open on the highway.

Can anyone suggest a Thule fairing width to go with?

44'' maybe?

Pictures of your setup would be great.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Put a pair of OEM load bars on my S60R along with a Thule bike tray. Everything seems fine except wind noise is really bad when I have the sunroof open on the highway.

44'' maybe?

Its 44", I know because I got a 37 inch fairing from a saab off of craigslist... not really caring if it fit or not since it was thrown in with some other things that were mmore important. Needless to say it is to small.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

44'' maybe?

Sunroof open on the highway with load bars is going to produce a lot of noise with the fairing or without.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Go to your sporting goods store and have them measure one up for you.

It might also be good to have them do the installation of the clips onto the fairing itself - When I tried to do mine, I broke one of the clips; it is a VERY tight fit and fine line to spread the clip enough to get it on the fairing without breaking it.

Luckily REI has a 100% return no questions asked, so when I took it back they pulled another clip out of an already opened box to replace mine with.

Wind noise will be equally as bad with the fairing - It can be heard with the sun roof closed at high speeds: I've learned to take my rack off unless I am hauling the bike: It hurts gas mileage more than you'd think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts