SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
Re: what size summer tires are you running? (p0cket penguins)

235/40/18 on 18" Pegs

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Re: what size summer tires are you running? (mike_c70)

A little stiffer than the stock 18's. I live in Minnesota and the roads where I live are great. However if I venture to downtown Minneapolis I am constantly dodging holes. If I lived near that city or visited regularly, I would be replacing rims alot.

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts

Tracking this summer on Kumho because of cost/wear, also going to use Vredestein Ultracs. In each case 235/40/18....No spacers ever and O.Z. Superleggra III (track) or Axis Hiros as the wheels (mountains)

I also have PS2 that I will use for Harriman/Bear Mountain missions

I am a tire freak http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

Quote, originally posted by p0cket penguins »
Im thinking about putting 245/40/18 on new pegs probably doing the pirellies asymetric. you guys dont think the 245 is too big do you?

It'll probably rub unless you put spacers on the car. I rub at full lock with the stock 17s

·
Registered
21,310 Posts

o ok so i might just do the 235 so i guess i save some wieght and its probably not worth the gripp i get from the extra bit

Unless you are tracking, you will never touch that extra grip. If you're doing it for looks, that's another thing. But get spacers.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

·
Registered
21,025 Posts

those are awsome. now i have to choose between that or the pirellies

If you're looking for a bargain on Pirellis, check this link out.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=54573

I am not a big fan of them but at $400 plus shipping, it's a deal. I was planning to buy them but it looks like I may be able to get one more season out of my PZeros and I hate to let them sit for a year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.