SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bolts that come with the H&R 15mm spacers are just plain fugly. They are dull in finish and do not compliment a nice wheel at all. I just ordered a set of 18" Volutions from IPD http://********************/smile/emthup.gif and they HAVE to use the 15mm spacer at a minimum to clear the callipers. So I am looking for good looking bolts (anyone know the size and thread) Also a question for anyone with the Volutions, how were the wheels lined up with the outer fender lip? Was it tucked inside (if so how much) or was it near flush? I like having the rear wheels outward a little more than the fronts. But I don't know if using a 20-25mm spacer would affect the durability of the rear end. Is there such a thing as going to far out????????? Not Honda Civic out........You know what I mean

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: What size and thread for CHROME bolts for a 15mm spacer??????????? (MASH)

What size is the socket used to remove the H&R lugs??? I know you can get lug covers for 17 and 19 mm sizes.

Certainly cheaper than buying a set of 10 or 20 lugs.

· Registered
1,125 Posts

C'mon dude ... EBAY
. Most come from Taiwan.

17.0 is the standard Mercedes Benz size ... just do a search on "lug covers".

BTW, I sent "R" Kelly a few ... I may still be able to put together a set of 20 or so decent (gently used) ones from my old MB if you need em. Let me get home this evening and I'll post up wether I can help you or not ... I think I can, but let me make sure

· Registered
1,125 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
Any pictures?

Sorry, this is probably the best picture I have of them ... I mean, who walks around taking pics of lug nut covers anyway
:

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: What size and thread for CHROME bolts for a 15mm spacer??????????? (Quick Brick)

Quote, originally posted by Quick Brick »
BTW, I sent "R" Kelly a few

And they look great on the rears (17mm head). When I stopped by Volvo dealer to see about getting chrome caps for the stock 19mm bolts, he couldn't find them in his system.

Can someone verify that chrome caps for the stock 19mm bolts exist? Am I remembering wrong? I thought they were the "fix" for ugly fbolts.

Quick Brick, and you IM me the link to the site where I can buy the same caps in 19mm?

MASH-

What is the offset of the Volutions? You may have a little spacer off-set built in already.

Regardless, you can't go more than 15mm in back with out running into outer fender rub on compression.

Modified by "R" Kelly at 8:56 PM 5-4-2006

· Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: What size and thread for CHROME bolts for a 15mm spacer??????????? ("R" Kelly)

R Kelly, does the dealer carry these chrome lug covers? In 17mm? Was that what you were refering to?

· Registered
1,125 Posts

No, the dealer carries the covers in 19.0mm ONLY as this is the standard size for all current Volvo cars.

"R" Kelly, this is a dealer item, although I got my 19.0mm covers on EBay because I didn't know the dealer had them at the time.

17.0mm covers are common on most Euro-cars and that is why those are available on EBay. YOUR VOLVO DEALER WILL NOT HAVE 17.0'S

I am making a trip to my dealer this evening so I will try to get a part number for the Volvo 19.0mm covers. To answer your question "R" Kelly, they should be available at any dealer, or any place that sells genuine Volvo parts or accessories.

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: What size and thread for CHROME bolts for a 15mm spacer??????????? ("R" Kelly)

Hey "R" Kelly, I am going to pull an "R" Kelly on you
. Dealer let me take some pics ... front and back ... sorry, phone cam. Part number, as you can see, in the upper left corner of front is 9139853:

MASH, PM me ... it looks like I have a set of 20 17.0mm covers I can put together for you.

· Registered
1,125 Posts

MASH, got your PM. If you want new ones go here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

Note that like I said, even the Volvo ones are "Made in Taiwan"
... and I like the child warning on the back. I would be really interested to see where a child might stick these ... although, that is probably why I don't have any children of my own

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.