SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a big dilemma... Id really enjoy having a good sounding high performance exhuast, however Id also like to get the sway bar. Id like to get one before an autoX on Aug 19th so thats why Im asking. Does the sway bar make a big difference?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow...just realized I typed 'and' instead on 'an' and it wont let me change it. Im a smart one

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: (tayk47)

IPD sway bar made a huge difference in handling.
Much more than the front strut tower brace.

Others speak highly of a new exhaust - more sound gives you more feedback for what is going on. I would think handling wins over throttle response for what is more important in AutoX.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's my thought too, I just wanted to make sure the bar helps a good deal, thanks for the input. I think you have "swayed" me to the the sway bar haha get it... sorry pardon the pun

does it help cure the ridiculous amount of understeer?

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
Re: (chewyjr15)

They make one? I would also say - why do you want it, except to make it smaller. Larger front bars increase understeer. Not what I'd look for in this car.

Tom.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: (chewyjr15)

I haven't seen any front bars for S40/V50.

I have seen a set of two bars "for track" for other cars. I can only assume that it means the front is stiffer, and the back is EVEN STIFFER.

As far as curing the understeer, it does make a big difference.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=61735
is the response to your initial query about this subject.

It used to be that understeer would show its ugly head in many situations. Now, it mostly happens in downhill highway entrance ramps that are of much too small radius. Otherwise, look out...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O sorry bassman I must have been away from the forum for a couple of days and missed that response I didn't think anyone replied to that thread. Thank you very much for the great info Ill probably order it in the next day or so! Can't wait til everyone at the AutoX gets volvowned!! haha

Just ordered it! Is the intall too tough?

Modified by tayk47 at 8:21 AM 8-4-2006

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: (tayk47)

Awesome! Have fun.

The installation should be easy. It was really easy for me - the only difficult thing was that they had sent some extra hardware for an older version of the end-links. That confused me. Otherwise, besides the confusion, it was a piece of cake.

There's a posting somewhere or other on this subject...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts