SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Primary reason for the T6 choice: I will be towing a 3,600 Lbs. ski boat on the weekends, 150 mile round trip to lake.

In the Atlanta, GA market. Looking at the following XC90 at a Volvo Dealer:

2003 XC90 T6, White paint, Taupe interior. 46,000 miles
3rd Row Seat, Wood Steering Wheel, 18" Wheels with Michelin 5/32" tread on front, 9/32 tread on rear.

Vehicle is very clean, leather in great shape, carpet in great shape, paint very good. Engine compartment clean. No visible oil leaks from below. (yes, I climbed onder car and looked at catch pan)

Drove very well. Quiet ride, HVAC was quiet, trans. shifting in auto and manual was smooth.

They are asking $33,000 with an extended warranty to 10 years or 100,000 miles.

I really did not want to pay any more than $28,000, as many similar XC90's from dealers are selling for $24,000 - $28,000 on eBay and similar sites.

So, how much should I be paying for this XC90?

Thank you all for your time...

Scott K.

Modified by tweekme at 12:11 PM 3-28-2006

Modified by tweekme at 12:11 PM 3-28-2006

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What should I be paying for a 2003 XC90 T6 ?? (MagoonR)

Thank you for the reply...

Interesting, I have really not found that many major issues discussed on this site on the T6. I did find many minor annoyances, cup holder, radio, seat memory, etc... all fixed.

Am I missing any major issues?

Thanks, Scott K.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: What should I be paying for a 2003 XC90 T6 ?? (kevinG)

That is an aftermarket DVD player, by Audiovox. There is an LCD central flip down screen on the ceiling of the vehicle, similar to the early one Volvo offered.

Thanks, Scott K.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What should I be paying for a 2003 XC90 T6 ?? (KAOS1972)

Thank you for the reply, KAOS1972... yes, I am beginning to see the possible issues on the T6, however, arent the alignment, suspension, elctrical, etc. the same on the 2.5T ?? I also have not read that many serious issues on the T6 on this forum.

Some folks have said there are many serious issues on the T6, but I have yet to read lots of posts about them. I'm not gunning for the T6. It just seems that there are not a lot of posts. If others here on the forum can point me in the direction of these posts, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Scott K.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: What should I be paying for a 2003 XC90 T6 ?? (Aztecian)

Yeah, I did make them an offer for $27,500 today. They said, no way, and would not go below $33,000. I told them they were crazy not to even counter-offer on a vehicle that has been on there lot for over 14 months... So, I am looking at other local dealers, and eBay Motors as well.

Thanks, Scott K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.