SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a few "service manuals" out for the 544. One seems to try to cover ALL classic Volvo models. There is a green one that sounds like it only the 544. Another one that covers a few models. Which manual have you found actually useful ? I would also like to find a wiring diagram for the 544. Any tips on that ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Truthfully, every manual has information that the others don't. I'd recommend getting every book on the car that you can find. If you can start with a Green Book - the factory manual that was used by the dealerships - that will be excellent. The only bummer is that it will reference using factory tools, which are very hard to come by, and it won't offer much advice on how to improvise.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The CD turned out to be what I was looking for. A good collection of manuals in PDF. I just need to learn to read Swedish for the electrical diagram.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't know what year/chassis number your car is, but here is a wiring diagram in English. From a manual dated 7-62.

If you click on it, it will open another web page Then you can click on it again and you will get an enlarged image.

Not the clearest scan, but functional.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 65. I don't suspect a 1962 would be that much different. Thanks for the link. I can can use this to learn Swedish faster. ! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts