SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife needs to replace her Nokia 6820 as it did not do well in the "drop it on the concrete floor" test. I wanted to know what phones others are using and if you have had any compatibility issues with the volvo bluetooth kit. We can get a good upgrade deal for a motorola RAZR. From research not all Bluetooth devices support all profiles.<p><br>Forgot to add carrier is Cingular.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by napster at 10:52 PM 4-5-2006</i>

·
Registered
109 Posts
Re: What phone do you use with the Bluetooth Kit (napster)

I've used two Motorola phones with my Bluetooth, the most recent being the Razor. I've haven't had any problems at all, and on the Razor it's a quick two-step process to disengage Bluetooth when exiting the car or when kids are in the car. My carrier is Verizon Wireless.

·
Registered
953 Posts

We use Motorola V710. No problems.<p>Limitation to watch out for:<br>1- Reverse warning sound eliminated when bluetooth active, WATCH out when backing up and using bluetooth at the same time<br>2- Command "Clear" and "Clear all" are consistently inconsistent. Maybe "Erase" as a command would be better recognized?<br>3- Command "Enter" followed by digits spoken will usually enter erroneous digits.<p>The last two are irritating because the voice recognition (without training and there is no training required) is otherwise excellent but when it involves the above two, it downright sucks.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What phone do you use with the Bluetooth Kit (obiwan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>obiwan</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We use Motorola V710. No problems.<br>Limitation to watch out for:<br>1- Reverse warning sound eliminated when bluetooth active, WATCH out when backing up and using bluetooth at the same time<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Interesting, our 6820 never interfered with the back up sensor like your V710 does. Considering the system is a Motorola unit one would think at least a Motorola phone would work better than another brand.<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>obiwan</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We use Motorola V710. No problems.<br>Limitation to watch out for:<br>2- Command "Clear" and "Clear all" are consistently inconsistent. Maybe "Erase" as a command would be better recognized?<br>3- Command "Enter" followed by digits spoken will usually enter erroneous digits.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>I think the system is biased toward American accents. I tried programming ours for my wife and it would not take some commands I guess due to my English accent. When my wife tried no problems!

·
Registered
65 Posts

All current Nokia phones (from the 6310i for Nokia OS and 6600 for Symbian OS) support the bluetooth audio profile and handsfree profile. There is a new Nokia 6103 (6101 and 6102 now with BT). Biggest exception is the 7610.<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts