SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide what to do with the R next? I know I want different wheels but I still can't pinpoint any that I love because 5x108 blows lol, so I might wait and look into some performance mods. The car already has a FMIC, Elevate Intake, Muffler delete, and a Rica Isoftloader tune. I am going to go to some local exhaust shops and see what they can do about cutting out the cat and maybe going with a 3 in. pipe back? Also Ive considered the CBV upgrade that has a lot of good reviews. What do yal think? I plan on going to Forged Performance in ATL for a real tune after I do a few decent upgrades. Tell me what yal have done performance wise that you would recommend. Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because they are like 900 dollars! haha and wouldn't having the cat removed be almost the same?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
gsx todd and phuzzy DP's are less than 900 and even if you remove the cat on your stock DP it is still a smaller diameter pipe

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ok, thanks, Ill look into them. What else do you guys recommend? Im mainly looking at performance right now but I wouldn't mind hearing any ideas

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yea on eBay the obx dp is about $180 just make sure to get an o2 sensor spacer to be on the safe side of not getting a cel

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats not bad at all, but Ive read a lot of people still getting CEL from down pipes even with the 02 sensor. How do you avoid that?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I have a car that came without a cat and I can't wait to get a cat on it. Smells. The only plus is it keeps tail-gaiters away. + a few more, keep the cat.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Not sure if you have one already but how about a boost gauge?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
The Obx downpipe has that built in ?
What dp are you running?
I'm running Phuz DP, but I've heard of OBX making revisions to their bungs to incorporate the O2 CEL error.

As for OBX with a cat, I've seen a few ads on ebay for the CNT OBX DP with a high flow cat welded in for $300 shipped.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do already have a boost gauge, not yet installed haha still need a pod. But in all seriousness does keeping the cat really perform about the same as without

·
Registered
337 Posts
I do already have a boost gauge, not yet installed haha still need a pod.
If you dont use your cubby get this.
http://cutby.caschy.com/05gc.html
Its made by a swedespeed member on here juve021. The quality and fitment is perfect and looks great imo.
Just make sure to get atleast 10ft of boost gauge/vacuum hose to put the gauge there. You wont need all 10ft but its better to have extra just incase(i learned from my mistake lol).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you dont use your cubby get this.
http://cutby.caschy.com/05gc.html
Its made by a swedespeed member on here juve021. The quality and fitment is perfect and looks great imo.
Just make sure to get atleast 10ft of boost gauge/vacuum hose to put the gauge there. You wont need all 10ft but its better to have extra just incase(i learned from my mistake lol).
Thank you so much for that link! I was actually trying to figure out how to make something to put in there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 37 Posts