SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a pre-owned '08 s80 V8, fully loaded. We recently brought it in for service for a number of things, one of which was one of the DVD headrest monitors was not working correctly.

Dealer ordered another headrest/DVD but it did not match the interior because the "seat stitching is different in the executive models". Didn't know I had an executive model. They have re-ordered the headrest in the executive trim.

So exactly what constitutes an executive model? The only option that I can think of that it does not have is the fridge in the back (one of the things I thought made up the executive package).

Not a huge deal but if anyone knows...

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: What makes it an "Executive"? (mumpsdba)

This is a picture of my Executive

Real walnut panles, center console, steering wheel, gear knob etc. Executive soft leather seats with extra padding and contrasting seams and piping. More chrome on the outside, Executive badge. DVD-screens, refrigerator in the back seat, special hand made glasses from costa boda. Extra thick floor mats...etc

Do you have a picture of your car?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What makes it an "Executive"? (T5_awd)

Thanks (and N-I-C-E car!)

It definitely does not have piping on the seats. No fridge either. Walnut trim - yes. No waltnut steering wheel tho'.

There are a couple of pictures of in it another post a page or so back.

Is there an executive badge on the c-pillar on an 08 if it has the package?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

T5 - that is an amazing car you have. Truly amazing... Seems like its completely loaded (all the accessory button slots are taken), and I assume you have the bluetooth module too (probably just out of sight).

But lets see - V8 executive, ACC, PCC, parking sensors, BLIS, Dynaudio, Navi, Sport(with the 4C), IAQS, wowzers...

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: What makes it an "Executive"? (mumpsdba)

Quote, originally posted by mumpsdba »
Thanks (and N-I-C-E car!)

It definitely does not have piping on the seats. No fridge either. Walnut trim - yes. No waltnut steering wheel tho'.

There are a couple of pictures of in it another post a page or so back.

Is there an executive badge on the c-pillar on an 08 if it has the package?

Thanks!

Do you have the Walnut center console? I'm not shure, but I think the late MY08 US spec S80 V8 had the center console from the Euro-Executive.

If it's an Executive it has the Executive badge on the c-pillar. Plus It must have the whole Executive interior with the special sown leahter seats (with contrasting piping and seams) etc.

Yes, I remember about the pictures now. It looks lika e 'regular' S80 V8 awd. Looks nice! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Oh, I forgot one thing - An Executive has the 18" Balius wheels!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: What makes it an "Executive"? (vivek9856)

Quote, originally posted by vivek9856 »
T5 - that is an amazing car you have. Truly amazing... Seems like its completely loaded (all the accessory button slots are taken), and I assume you have the bluetooth module too (probably just out of sight).

But lets see - V8 executive, ACC, PCC, parking sensors, BLIS, Dynaudio, Navi, Sport(with the 4C), IAQS, wowzers...

Thanks!

It is completely LOADED!
Every possible option. PLUS removable towing hook, reverse camera, 18" winter wheels etc! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif No bluetooth, integrated phone instead!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

Quote, originally posted by T5_awd »

Thanks!

It is completely LOADED!
Every possible option. PLUS removable towing hook, reverse camera, 18" winter wheels etc! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif No bluetooth, integrated phone instead!

I'm very very jealous!

Although, my car does have one thing above yours - Volvo floor mats! HA! Gotcha. lol. I do highly recommend those though - they are about 1" deep, and keep water in very well. However, there is a cloth portion in them that does get easily stained. But they are good quality and lock into the holsters, which is a plus for me.

Honestly, I think if I had your car, I would be afraid to sit in it and spoil it.
I would also probably give it a rinse every time I came home, full wash every week, and full car detail every month.

You might want to consider getting the aluminum sport pedals as well as the mats- those will be good finishing touches to your car!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

Although, my car does have one thing above yours - Volvo floor mats! HA! Gotcha. lol. I do highly recommend those though - they are about 1" deep, and keep water in very well. However, there is a cloth portion in them that does get easily stained. But they are good quality and lock into the holsters, which is a plus for me.

Honestly, I think if I had your car, I would be afraid to sit in it and spoil it.
I would also probably give it a rinse every time I came home, full wash every week, and full car detail every month.

You might want to consider getting the aluminum sport pedals as well as the mats- those will be good finishing touches to your car!

You mean the rubber floor mats? I have those as well. But only in the winter time. Now when it's summer I use the Executive floor mats. Very, very thick (~30mm).

I wash it 2-3 times a week.

I have the alu-pedals in the C70. They are very sporty, so I don't think it will look good in the luxury S80....

edit: black shapphire metallic

Modified by T5_awd at 10:34 PM 6-3-2009

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

Lol. I somehow knew I couldn't beat ya!

3 cm floor mats are pretty hefty. But what happens if its raining outside or such? You don't get the mats all wet and muddy? I guess here in Louisiana, its always muddy somewhere, so I keep my rubber floor mats in year long.

Haha - you do take care of your baby.
Good to hear.

Excellent color choice though. And I really love the chrome, and this is the first time I realized that they put some below the tail lamps.

Just wondering - are you in the US or elsewhere? Your speedometer appears to be in km/h, so probably not the US.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

Lol. I somehow knew I couldn't beat ya!

3 cm floor mats are pretty hefty. But what happens if its raining outside or such? You don't get the mats all wet and muddy? I guess here in Louisiana, its always muddy somewhere, so I keep my rubber floor mats in year long.

Haha - you do take care of your baby.
Good to hear.

Excellent color choice though. And I really love the chrome, and this is the first time I realized that they put some below the tail lamps.

Just wondering - are you in the US or elsewhere? Your speedometer appears to be in km/h, so probably not the US.

Correction, ~2cm floor mats. Rain, water etc isn't a problem. They are impregnated with a special water repellent formula.

I'm from Sweden!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: (ImInPA)

Quote, originally posted by ImInPA »
And all this time I thought an executive was someone that gets paid way more than they're worth and gets exorbitant bounses for screwing up...<grin>

Yeah. And then they drive Executive Volvo's!
But the way I see things, don't get at the executives for being rich. Get mad at yourself for not being an executive.

Haha - no offense T5 - just having some fun.

·
Registered
776 Posts

This is a picture of my Executive

Real walnut panles, center console, steering wheel, gear knob etc. Executive soft leather seats with extra padding and contrasting seams and piping. More chrome on the outside, Executive badge. DVD-screens, refrigerator in the back seat, special hand made glasses from costa boda. Extra thick floor mats...etc

Do you have a picture of your car?

I wonder how expensive are these cars in Sweden

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: What makes it an "Executive"? (zamo)

Quote, originally posted by zamo »
I wonder how expensive are these cars in Sweden

~825 000SEK

$1 = 7,60 SEK right now. So $108,500....

·
Registered
776 Posts

~825 000SEK

$1 = 7,60 SEK right now. So $108,500....

Seems that you are enjoying every dollar (or SEK) spent. It is an amazing car. One day.... http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: What makes it an "Executive"? (ImInPA)

Wow - no one has ever picked up on that! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Yes I work with Cache. 20 years with mumps (DSM), a number of years now with Cache. Less of a programmer and more of a dba / systems guy.

As far as the original post, the dealer did indeed have to special order the headrest/DVD - the car has all options but clearly is not an executive. Rims are Zubras not Balius. No piping on the leather - so I am not sure why this is a special order - the work order stated that there is special stitching on the leather. It is the soft leather / heated / cooled seats - and that's fairly common so not sure. I didn't buy it new but the sticker was 60400 plus the dealer installed RSE (not sure how much that was 1500 or so) so it's pretty loaded @62K - just not an executive.

At one point I tried to configure an 09 and couldn't get the price that high. Doesn't matter - executive or not we love it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.