SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Depending upon season and event, I use a few different recipes. Generally I use Meguiars Gold Class liquid as it has the best over all performance in a single application than any other wax that I have tested. When I am in the mood to spend all day for a killer shine I use Meguiars individual polishes, cleaners, and waxes. During the wintertime, I use good old turtle wax since it has the best protection against the salt and abrasives. Usually in the spring I strip everything with 3M Imperial hand glaze followed by the Meguiars "4" step treatment. I do the majority of the summer waxes with the Gold Class liquid.

·
Registered
439 Posts
What do you guys think of Xymox? I use Meguiar's now, but I hear good things about it, even if it is pricey.

I tried using a 3M product, and man that was tough to get a clear reflection with.

·
Registered
528 Posts
OK, I promise...this is the last "must have" product that I'll blather on and on about: Klasse All-in-One. Not only does the shine last longer than wax, it is easier to apply, has no abrasives, will chemically remove many stains and oxidation, and never leaves white haze behind. Made for airplanes, then marketed at automobiles...this stuff is fantastic.

So to review, this brings my total of "must have" products to three: microfiber towels, 303 protectant, and Klasse All-in-0ne. I use lots of other products, but I'm only married to these three....uh, and my wife.

- Darell

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Meguiars 4 step process as well as Pinnacle's 3 step process. I am interested in which one will keep my new Venetian Red S60 looking it's best. Thanks.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you absolutely need true WAX. One Grand Blitz is a great value. It's one of the best waxes out there, but without the over-inflated price.

- Darell

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been very happy with the Pinnacle process. It is much easier to apply than Zymol and has similar and slightly better results.

S60 T5 on my shortlist. IF only they were making it in AWD.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The PCC is coming up in 2002, isn't it? That should be more wheels driven by more ponies than a guy could as for!

- Darell

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found using the best of both worlds gives you a stunning show car gloss.

I use Klasse and Zymol Vintage Glaze as a wax topper.

See my profile for pictures.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with darell, Klasse All in one,(2 coats) followed up by 3 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze can't be beat for shine, protection and durability. Add a top coat of blitz for depth. Use the microfiber towels to remove the products. You should prep the paint first for swirl mark removal etc..
Oh ya..you'll give all those other products to your neighbors just to make sure you've got the best looking car on the block.

[This message has been edited by bill (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will echo Darell and Bill's advice on Klasse. Just completed a second coat of Sealant Glaze on my S60 this weekend. It looks very good, though I plan on adding a third layer of Sealant Glaze before moving onto Blitz or Pinnacle wax.

Believe it or not, I've met more of my neighbors while cleaning my car than doing anything else. :)

-ema

quote:

Originally posted by bill:
I agree with darell, Klasse All in one,(2 coats) followed up by 3 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze can't be beat for shine, protection and durability. Add a top coat of blitz for depth. Use the microfiber towels to remove the products. You should prep the paint first for swirl mark removal etc..
Oh ya..you'll give all those other products to your neighbors just to make sure you've got the best looking car on the block.

[This message has been edited by bill (edited 09-30-2001).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts