SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Behind both headlights there appears to be some strange assortment of wires & plugs. One looks like some sort of an adapter that just loops from the headlight harness to the headlight. To me, it seems like it serves no purpose, as I connected to headlight harness directly into the headlight without the looping adapter and everything still worked fine. What is it, and what is it's purpose?

Next, also on both sides, there's a 3 prong plug that comes out of that same headlight wiring harness. It is connected to nothing and is just clipped to the radiator support. What is that there for?

·
Registered
133 Posts
The adapter is a "jumper" that was part of a Volvo recall to address the issue of headlamp bulbs burning out prematurely. It's basically a resistor that restricts current to the bulbs ... thus making them last longer. You can remove them, but you'll probably go through low beam headlamp bulbs quicker. Especially if your daytime running lights are enabled.

The other harness I'm guessing is for the headlamp wipers, or the headlamp leveling feature that was on Euro cars.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running HIDs in ABM projectors, so I would imagine that "jumper" wouldn't effect the bulbs.

I deleted my headlight washers in the beginning of the year, maybe that is the plug I left open, idk lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts