SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys. this morning i popped my hood and was checking stuff out to make sure everything was okay and i saw smoke coming out of this thing.
it goes to my transmission and im wondering what it could be that's coming out of it.

EDIT: i should mention i started my car, let it warm up and then i shut it off. thats when i saw smoke coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Its a wild guess on my part, but it may be some kind of vent or filler for the tranny. If such, you might have just been seeing oil mist which looks a lot like smoke.

·
2,521 Posts
Yep thats a breather. If you follow it, you'll see it enter the trans on the right side of it. Normally it's not there, mine is tucked under the fuse box. But the trans/engine was once pulled from me caR, not sure where factory mount is

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Unless you were doing some crazy power breaking or heaving towing I'm sure all you were seeing was oil mist if you saw something that looked like smoke coming out of there then if that is def a tranny vent.

·
Registered
222 Posts
You made me go look! Mine's just laying on the engine block flange, next to where the trans bolts up. It has the plastic conduit around it, but not clipped to anything. Pulled it out and it didn't reach to anything it could clip to. The turbo was replaced under warranty, not sure if it was moved during that repair, or if that's just the way it came from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts