SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please look at this and tell me what this cracked piece of plastic is in my 2004 V70R? It's some sort of cover in the drivers-side front of the engine compartment in front of the fuses and outboard of the airbox. I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. Direct the airflow to the intake maybe?

Picture

Should I replace it? Get rid of it? Throw some duct tape on it? Thanks for any thoughts you can share.

Eric

·
Registered
974 Posts
It does nothing, that I know of. Get rid of it

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Its just a cover for some things.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
^ as other people has mentioned, it's a dummy cover and makes the engine compartment look "fuller". If you pull it up, you'll see a few wires and an empty space(it's snap tight).

·
Registered
713 Posts
It's not, you can see the green on the bottom right hand corner.

But it looks like poop compared to the rest of that clean, neat and properly modded engine bay.

$30-$45 and you're done, replace it already.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I thought that was where you strapped in your lunch to heat it up.

·
Registered
635 Posts
It's not, you can see the green on the bottom right hand corner.

But it looks like poop compared to the rest of that clean, neat and properly modded engine bay.

$30-$45 and you're done, replace it already.
green coolant? That'd be Prestone out of the yellow bottle which isn't good. Need to be using Zerex G05 or OEM coolant. :)

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
green coolant? That'd be Prestone out of the yellow bottle which isn't good. Need to be using Zerex G05 or OEM coolant. :)
My OEM coolant was green :confused:

I believe some years had different colors, I've heard of some green, some gold.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts