1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Inscription with rugged body kit?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Thats just photoshop from some old cringy auto "journalism" sites...

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
A continuation of the concept....

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
What is "ugly"?

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Boy I'm glad I never knew that existed... now I just wish I never clicked on this thread

Reactions: The Rage

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Boy I'm glad I never knew that existed... now I just wish I never clicked on this thread
Too much Pontiac for my personal taste - its a tack-on accessory. Compare w/ V90 CC, which comes as it does from the factory. Much better integration with the overall design.

But I like (reasonable) grey cladding on my 2004, while others prefer the all-painted look.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Actually if painted to the same body color it doesn't look bad. It's the contrast that makes it look gaudy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BenjaminD

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
I'll concede that it does look decent with the Twilight Bronze.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yeah I do like the rugged concept, like on my 2004. But the add-on is just a bit too much for my personal taste. Others will prefer otherwise.

This thread has a nice photo of V60 CC from 'lflorak', comes from factory this way -- would love for next-gen XC90 to offer a CC-type exterior trim choice from factory, a bit minimalist vs. add-on. Kind of like Apple supposedly has a 'rugged' Watch coming, but certainly don't expect it for XC90.

(1) New XC90 - Birch Light or Savile Grey ? recommendations ? | Page 2 | SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
That body kit is official? I cant find it...
Yes, it's an official trim kit and very functional. I wish it had been an option for me to get on our R-Design but FDC wouldn't allow it even though it just replaces some of the lower portions of the bumper cover. For me the function while keeping R-Design interior and paddle shifters would have been perfect.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I liked the rugged look on our XC70, although it was about looks only.
This kind of trim can't be repaired if scratched or otherwise damaged, the parts have to be replaced.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
639 Posts
Actually if painted to the same body color it doesn't look bad. It's the contrast that makes it look gaudy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yeah, that’s what I did for my R-Design. Didn’t use the front or rear bumper pieces since the R-Design already has nicely styled ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: VolvoColombia

·
Registered
2017 XC60 T5 AWD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, that’s what I did for my R-Design. Didn’t use the front or rear bumper pieces since the R-Design already has nicely styled ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh ah oh really nice. But how you bought only side ones? It should be complete set...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts